Tennis Forum banner

Shock - Serena out of US Open

822 views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Mon. 
#1 ·
She has had surgery and won't play till after the US Open :sad: I think this is sad, I am not a Williams fan - but I hate injuries they're bastards. That means Kim will definately get to 1.

Now we all have to pray Kim drws a Davnport half at the Open and Venus is in the other half ;) For the first time in history the top 2 seeds at a grand slam iwll be belgian :)

Still sad for Serena though. Hope she gets well soon and doesn't have any complications in the surgery or her recovery

#2 ·
yeah, so sad for Serena!

#4 ·
:eek: omg is it serious??? im not really a williams fan either but this is just gay! injuries for ANYONE are bad!....but that means Kim will get to number 1...so its good in one way...poor serena...

#5 ·
Well, this is definitely Kim's chance. Venus hasn't played since Wimbledon and will likely come into the Open rusty...and tentative. Kim has beaten every contender in the field, and is in great form. If she is ever going to win a major, this is it.

If she can win this, it will set her up to truly challenge Serena next year :)

#6 ·
I have to say I am very shocked by this, although I had a very bad feeling about the whole thing. This means that Kim automatically is THE top favorite for the title and without Serena she could very well win her very first GS :D But I'm very saddened about Serena though, too bad she can't defend her title.

#7 ·
KimKong said:
I have to say I am very shocked by this, although I had a very bad feeling about the whole thing. This means that Kim automatically is THE top favorite for the title and without Serena she could very well win her very first GS :D But I'm very saddened about Serena though, too bad she can't defend her title.
It's bad luck for Serena, and you can't help feeling that while it would be great if Kim got to be number one, this isn't the way she would like to have achieved it. I hope she wins the US Open and she definitely has a great chance, but you can imagine the critics saying it's only because Serena wasn't playing.

#8 ·
I think Henin has a huge chance now for the US Open. Dont get me wrong, I want Kim to win it, but Henin is on a big roll at the mo and she must fancy her chances. Thats why I think mentally is going to be vital for kim to the Acura final against Henin if both thier semis go to form and they both play eachother in the final.

Hey, no pressure on Kim tho!! :p

#9 ·
Poor Serena indeed... Even though we all want to see Kim at the top of the rankings, for this to happen in these circumstances, it's sad!
Let's hope Serena will recover in time for the Year-End Championships where we could have a true battle between Kim & Serena for the no.1 spot! :)

#10 ·
I think Henin has a huge chance now for the US Open. Dont get me wrong, I want Kim to win it, but Henin is on a big roll at the mo and she must fancy her chances. Thats why I think mentally is going to be vital for kim to the Acura final against Henin if both thier semis go to form and they both play eachother in the final.
I disagree, on hard courts particularly the American courts that are very fast, Henin is not one of the favourites Venus, Kim, Davenport, Mauresmo and Capriati are ahead of her I think. She is a chance yes, but I don't think she is one of the top 4 picks.

But hey she could win San Diego yes, as she will be fresher for the final than whoever she plays Kim or Lindsay

#12 ·
kim&lleyton said:
Question: Wich part of her body did Serena injured????
Her left knee I think.

#13 ·
I would so much prefer it if Kim got to play Serena in the US Open final and beat her!! I shouldn't feel too happy but I do for Kim...she's going to become No.1 and she sure deserves it. Just hope Serena gets well and starts playing soon. I want Kim to beat her so very much:)

#14 ·
I feel sorry for Serena and I hope she gets better but even so, I hope Kim could beat her at the US Open
I am a huge Kim fan so.....of course I wanted her to be No.1
This is a really good chance for Kim and she should take it

#15 ·
Yeah,I agree I don't think we should to be happy.
Injuries are never nice!So I feel sad for Serena.
On the other hand it's just good for Kim and a huge chance to win the US Open.I wish her all the best!!! :kiss:

#16 ·
fifiricci said:

Hey, no pressure on Kim tho!! :p
Yes, I think it will give Kim confidence if she can win of Hustine in the possible final os Acura. But I gotta say, Henin is best on gravel, Kim is the better player on hardcourt, so I think Kim stands a better chance, but you are right, Justine is going strong now, but I doubt she is gonna win the US Open.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.