Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
11,883 Posts
w/o after a Peterson match again. Oh well good rest for Vee who had a marathon match. I hope her knee at least gets better by Wimbledon.

·
Milk and honey
4,035 Posts
At this point I don't see why Serena should bother playing RG, going into a clay slam with one match on the surface at 37 years old is not intelligent. She didn't move well yesterday (which is the norm these days) and it's not surprising the knee is still bothering her. That's twice this has happened to Peterson now in 2 months :hysteric:

Best to rehab it, take a few weeks off and prepare well for Wimbledon.

·
Registered
115,537 Posts
She still has a few days to try to recover. But of course if anything's wrong, withdrawing from Rome is the right move

·
Premium Member
182,076 Posts
Helping big sis out again

Reactions: gn169813

·
Registered
87,449 Posts
:facepalm:

·
Registered
16,401 Posts
Trying to help Venus get that ranking up for the Olympics I see.
Olympics cycle don't start till grass season.

Though I won't say she isn't trying to help Venus.

·
Registered
13,200 Posts
:facepalm:

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Back in the day you'd be gutted if Serena was your proposed seed to face in rounds 2 or 3 of a big tournament, now you'd be pretty pleased as there'd be a strong chance of a walkover, mid match retirement or facing a lesser player instead. It's obviously unfortunate, and retirements/walkovers happen a number of times, but it does harm the draw, and it's especially frustrating when you can see it coming a mile off.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts