Riske - (3)Q. Wang

(8)Pavlyuchenkova - Bogdan
Begu - Kudermetova (Q)
Kumkhum - Zvonareva (WC)
Jorovic (Q) - (2)Garcia

·
Registered
220 Posts
Anything less than QF would be disappointing. She needs to secure her seeding for AO and a SF would guarantee it. Hopefully the draw is kind to her.

·
Registered
961 Posts
In her recent interview in Shenzen she gave a hint she's far from being at her best and recovery from shoulder injury was very long.

That's why I'm not getting my hopes high.

After everything she went through in 2018, (injuries), I will be satisfied if she finishes her first two tournaments being 100% healthy, having a regular training blocks, matches and normal tour life and not thinking about another rehab/recovery/comeback etc.

Obviously it would be great to see her at the very late stage of the Shenzhen tournament, playing some nice tennis but I'm also willing to wait for great results a bit longer if she will be healthy 🙂

·
Registered
10,988 Posts
Yikes, tough opening round.

Hopefully Maria gets a couple of wins here.
Looks like the QF's is as far as she can go either way.

·
Premium Member
27,120 Posts
A very tough draw...one match at a time.

I also don’t think that as a group we shouldn’t be that defeatist and believe she can’t beat Sabalenka or anyone else in the draw for that matter. Let’s see what happens.

·
Milk and honey
3,282 Posts
Not easy but a good test to see where she’s at. She seems to be hitting the ball well in training but that’s another thing entirely.

Looking forward to seeing her on court again!

·
Registered
961 Posts
7am for me 🙂

It's pretty cold in Shenzen. Completely different conditions than in Australia. Hope her shoulder is ok and she will be healthy through the whole tournament.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Masha is going to play tomorrow, not before 2:00 pm local time, I believe it is. Masha herself mentioned December 31 on her website. Her opponent Timea Bacsinszky is a compatriot of mine. Here is the schedule released by Luiz Carvalho, the Shenzen Open Tournament Director.
Sorry, I just realized that SquirrelPova had already earlier uploaded tomorrows schedule. Sorry for that.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 157 Posts