Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wtf was that :haha::haha: embarrassing to the point of being funny to watch :SNE:

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
I blame Stosur and Zhang for this. :hysteric: But well done to the winners, undefeated on their way to defending their title! Congrats.

Babos’ level has raised from like a C or C- the rest of the tournament to an A+ today. Bomb serves, explosive net rushes, and surprisingly quick movement. :eek: Shocked at how good she was. This is how she needs to start playing in singles!

Mladenovic was just as good as she has been this week but serving much better as well and a little more authoritative from the centre of the court (a few great cross court shots in set 2). Fed Cup will be interesting, I wonder if she’ll be played in singles.

On the other side of the court, Barbie’s serve was hot garbage today (yesterday it was on fire! :sad:) and she was hogging the court too much in set one. Su Wei was missing SO many easy volleys and an UE machine generally. Not going for DTL shots and not looking focused. Barbie's speech was very emotional. Probably retirement next year. :sad:

Next year I would like to see them either get rid of deciding point, or add a proper 3rd set. It’s the YEC after all.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hsieh and Barbs played probably their worst match of the season... shame, but still great season for them. Wonder what will happen with them now... if anyone has any news...

Babos/Kiki were just incredible... its just wow that Timea has won 3 three times in a row now, just wow

·
Registered
15,542 Posts
The matches are already ending nearly 1am each day with the schedule they propose to start at 4pm, they won’t add a proper 3rd set, advantage point maybe.

What they needed to do is give each team proper rest. Babos/Mladenovic were suffering yesterday when they had less than a day rest and today Hsieh/Strycova is not in form when they had less than 8 hours of rest in comparison to Babos/Mladenovic.

Start the matches with 2 doubles if they want to make doubles final play before and make them 2 or 3 pm start.

Hsieh/Strycova were bad today.

·
Registered
14,691 Posts
Mlad the Impaler was all over this final and throughout all week, in every match.

She is ready and warmed-up to take on Ash in the coming Fed Cup

·
Stanning for Andi
20,731 Posts
Babos/Mladenovic were very average and on the ropes for at least two-thirds of the semifinal but Timea, in particular, raised her level significantly today.

·
Registered
50,575 Posts

·
Registered
50,575 Posts

·
Registered
50,575 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
My favorite team of nutcases loses. Su-Wei with her crazy game and Barbie who is just plain delightfully crazy.
-
I can almost hear Mlad saying " I don't need no stinkin' Bajin to win a major!!"

·
Honorary Admin
99,096 Posts
My favorite team of nutcases loses. Su-Wei with her crazy game and Barbie who is just plain delightfully crazy.
-
I can almost heat Mlad saying " I don't need no stinkin' Bajin to win a major!!"
she's won several doubles big titles before their collaboration! ;) But imagine if she wins a singles major title next season, without him :lol: Ok one can dream :p

·
Registered
15,348 Posts
she's won several doubles big titles before their collaboration! ;) But imagine if she wins a singles major title next season, without him :lol: Ok one can dream :p
someone who doesn't have big dreams not really lives imo:angel:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts