Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 626 Posts

·
Registered
11,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think after what can be considered a breakthrough week for her in Indian Harbour Beach, Shelby deserves her own thread!! She reached the finals, losing 6-2 3-6 4-6 to Edina Gallovits. She is currently ranked 700-something but with this result she will be ranked around 420! Big jump!! :D

·
Registered
20,861 Posts
I was going to start one :lol:
Tough luck today Shelby! But I think she def. has a bright future.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
saw her in FWB. has a great future. Needs to work on fitness though. Was overpowered in all areas by Yakimova. I wonder if she will go to college or go pro after a semester?

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Shelby :yeah:

·
Registered
20,861 Posts
50k Raleigh:
(4)Alexa Glatch (USA) v (SE)Shelby Rogers (USA)

Vs. Alexa :sad: GL Shelby!

·
Registered
11,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ew. I hate that draw. May the best girl win. Both are big hitters, so it should be interesting.

And this was posted on zootennis.com

And finally, according to this storyabout the Indian Harbour Beach Pro Circuit singles final in Florida Today, there is no college tennis in Shelby Rogers' future.

"Following the final, Rogers declared herself a pro, making the runner-up check of $3,990 the first she has collected at a tournament. Gallovits won $7,315."
Big decision, and I hope it's not a premature one... good luck Shelby!

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
Ew. I hate that draw. May the best girl win. Both are big hitters, so it should be interesting.

And this was posted on zootennis.com

Big decision, and I hope it's not a premature one... good luck Shelby!
Oh no Shelby :unsure: Even if she has an awesome pro career :)tape:) I still think this was premature. Making this big of a decision after really only one good tournament?

·
Registered
11,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh no Shelby :unsure:
I'm usually for the girls going pro, but I do think the results have to be there first. While this was a great result, I think it would have been wise to wait a few more tournaments. This was her only really good result so far.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
She beat Glatch in three sets :eek:

·
Registered
11,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know Alexa hasn't been in good form, but still, what a win!

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
i have grown to her pro decision. She would have had a Cecil sort of college career IMO. potentially a NCAA her 1st year and leave.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
i have grown to her pro decision. She would have had a Cecil sort of college career IMO. potentially a NCAA her 1st year and leave.
Mallory regrets turning pro. In my opinion, A full ride to an elite university where you have an opportunity to win NCAA's > losing in qualifying at minor WTA tournaments and doing mediocre in challengers, probably even losing money. But I hope for Shelby that this is the right decision.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Mallory regrets turning pro. In my opinion, A full ride to an elite university where you have an opportunity to win NCAA's > losing in qualifying at minor WTA tournaments and doing mediocre in challengers, probably even losing money. But I hope for Shelby that this is the right decision.
did she say that? :sad:

·
Registered
11,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Aw I feel really bad for her if she feels like that. I think there's nothing wrong with doing what Irina Falconi is doing and finishing at Georgia Tech. She will most likely go pro after, based on her results. But she gets a free degree while developing her tennis.

I just hope Shelby has success!

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Shelby :cool:

1 - 20 of 626 Posts