Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what Meghann Shaughnessy had to say after falling 2-6, 3-6 to Martina Hingis of Switzerland in the finals of the Adidas Championships.

Thank you Meghann!

Congrats Martina!!!:D

·
Registered
208 Posts
What a great sport to say something like that. I salute Meghann for being a great sportswoman. I think she did great to get to the final even if Serena did default. :) She gets my nod of approval.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Meghann got a opportunity to play against HIngis in this tournament , i think that it was her real commentation for Hingis .Why you guy are feeling angry with that comment . Hingis is in Top 5 women players in the world . Of course , she has enough the ability to beat Meghann , Clijster, Henin or Jelena Dokic ! ......

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Adison, I don't see anyone feeling angry about that comment, quite the contrary. Everyone here is saying "well said, Meghan and congrats on making the final."

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Martina is really too good for everybody in AO except for Lindsay who is already now out of AO. Her best test would actually a semi VS Monica. She just underestimate Jennifer Capriati last year. Rebound Ace is actually Martinas court best based on her past results.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
jaz go Marti!!!!! Rule the Rebound Ace!!!!:bounce: :angel: :kiss:

·
Registered
14,818 Posts
jomar, martina rules all the surfaces

rebound ace is but one of them;)

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Thats very nice of Meghann to have such good sportsmanship!!Thanks Meghann,and congrats to Marti for winning the title!!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
HINGIS VS CAPRIATI AND VS MONICA SELES !
Despite her defeats to Capriati three time and , twice to Minica Seles . I really don't think that they could repeat in this year !

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I BET the williams sisters are stretching out now!!!!!
Going practice everyday figuring out what in Martinas Game!!!

Dont worry Venus, you will not meet her coz you would not past Monica either.

·
Registered
16,318 Posts
Queen Lindsay you don't have to be so mean with VEnus.

You know she is the best player on WTA.

And I like in some way, that Martina won her first title in 11 months :rolleyes: for those who says that Martina RULES rebound ace?

LET's see if this year Martina can pass Serena at QF and Venus in SM.

If she does, I will say Martina rules

:cool:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Did you really think Meghan Shaugnessy had a chance against Martina?:rolleyes: Please...that was routine....MS had nothing else to say but that! She needed to save face after such a whippin! That win by default against Serena really gave MS toooo much confidence! Congratulations Martina!!!

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Congratulations to Meghann for reaching the final and to Martina for finally breaking her title drought :):):):)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts