Tennis Forum banner

Can KaPlis hit more aces than Serena this year?

• Yes

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 16 36.4%
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
16,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pliskbot takes the aces slam with a new record of 504 aces hit in a season. Thanks Sarita for sucking so much on HCs :banana:

Whos next? :fight: :lol: @ the vultures who voted yes almost after she broke the record! :lol: TF has learn to vulture too!

Update Pliskbot: 457+7(against Linette)+11 (Babos)=475+4 (Fak u Aga)+7(Dulgheru :help:)+ 3 :)tape: Sevastova)+6( Jankovic :wavey:)=495+9 against Sarita=504!!

Past Stats

Aces
2008: Nadia Petrova: 353
2009: Serena Williams: 381
2010: Nadia Petrova: 306
2011: Marion Bartoli: 270
2012: Serena Williams: 484
2013: Serena Williams: 480
2014: Serena Williams: 452

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Re: Can Pliskova topple Serena for the most aces hit this season?

before anyone comes in here talking about aces per match, and Serena skipping the last part of the season etc.. that's not what is being asked here. Of course Serena has a better serve than Karo, but it might be fun to speculate whether or not Karo will pass her for most aces hit this season regardless of all the outside circumstances.

Edit: Awful tags by the OP.

·
Registered
16,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

before anyone comes in here talking about aces per match, and Serena skipping the last part of the season etc.. that's not what is being asked here. Of course Serena has a better serve than Karo, but it might be fun to speculate whether or not Karo will pass her for most aces hit this season regardless of all the outside circumstances.
Exactly! Of course, Serena's serve is a notch above anyone else's, but topping her would be no mean feat :shrug:

·
Registered
23,186 Posts

can't see that, honestly. her serve has been atrocious as of lateley, and she should call it a season already.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts

We should keep in mind Pliskovas played like what? 10 or 11 more tournaments than Serena this year?...

A lot more opportunity to bump up the ace count.

·
Registered
16,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

can't see that, honestly. her serve has been atrocious as of latley, and she should call it a season already.
Even with awful serving today, she still managed to hit 7 aces :shrug: She is set to play at least 4 more matches! It would not be easy but she could do it with some luck!

·
Registered
23,186 Posts

Even with awful serving today, she still managed to hit 7 aces :shrug: She is set to play at least 4 more matches! It would not be easy but she could do it with some luck!
but what for? it's just a meaningless stat, so i'd rather have her rested and well prepared to do some damage in the next season than risking injury when playing on exhausted after a long season with an awful lot of tourneys played... :eek:

·
Registered
16,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

but what for? it's just a meaningless stat, so i'd rather have her rested and well prepared to do some damage in the next season than risking injury when playing on exhausted after a long season with an awful lot of tourneys played... :eek:
Well I doubt she is playing for this! :lol: I would rather if she doesn't but that's a separate discussion! It will just be something cool at least if she can manage it!

·
Registered
15,425 Posts

Does the tour just generally suck at returning?

Honestly i've seen Pliskova live and I can't believe how she gets so many aces, her serve doesn't look that good... she can only hit a couple of aces in an entire match against Halep or any other decent returner.

·
Banned
83 Posts

Currently GOAT is at 498, while Pliskbot at 457 and still vulturing in Tianjin and then in Zhuhai! She has a chance, if she has a good serving day in the office in Tianjin.
I hope not
BTW Serena hit 500 Aces this season not 498

·
Premium Member
15,684 Posts

If she got hot for a couple matches it is totally possible. I'd bet no, but interesting to speculate :shrug:

·
Registered
23,186 Posts

Does the tour just generally suck at returning?

Honestly i've seen Pliskova live and I can't believe how she gets so many aces, her serve doesn't look that good... she can only hit a couple of aces in an entire match against Halep or any other decent returner.
karos serve isn't the hardest out there as she hardly excels above 115 miles with the first delivery, so the good returners with a decent anticipation might always have a chance to get her serve back into play.
despite: she actually does have a very good variety with it even on second serve and manages to even hit aces with it, so her hitting that many aces over a full season isn't that surprising imo. :shrug:

·
Registered
16,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I hope not
BTW Serena hit 500 Aces this season not 498
I got this info from match stats from WTA webpage :wavey: Whats your source?

·
Registered
5,997 Posts

She played like 20 more matches than Rena :spit: I would not be surprised if she has played the most matches among all the players, but when you are having two weeks of rest during Grand Slams, then you can peak in some MM.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts

Sure she can, Serena took the rest of the season off just to give her the chance. Serena has a heart of gold.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts

Serena had 446 aces before US Open , and during the US Open she hit 54 aces , so 446 + 54 = 500
He asked for a source. Did you get those figures from the WTA website? If not, where did you get them?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts