Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a "Laugh" thread but can't find it - where can we find those old threads?

Anyway, wanted to share this... it's a classic scene from a 80's French movie. Found it with english subtitles. ;)

·
Registered
19,563 Posts

RIP Rik Mayall, that OTT fight scene from 1:16 in particular :lol:

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
This cracked me up.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts

·
Registered
18,442 Posts
Shitty-Eyed Dog apparently hates it when people do bad photoshopping... and thinks it's funny somehow.

meh

·
Premium Member
38,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can someone write down or explain what this old lady is telling that is so funny? I'm French and struggle to get the words. Giving the audience hilarity, it sounds worth it. 😀

·
Premium Member
38,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can't be helpful, your English is better than mine ;)
I'm still struggling to get every point of the story... she bought something to her husband, I hear the words "cakes" and "rose"? that she ends to bury in the backyard in disgust after failing attempts, and the thing she buried grew up with the sun the next days beyond a geranium she had set at the top of it. (????)

My idea is that what causes the hilarity of the attendance must be a sort of double-entendre... when Groucho Marx says that before the lady spoke, the audience was perfectly "innocent"...

Anyway, what's fascinating is that even when you don't understand what's being said, you're taken by a communicative laugh... and that lady is just so authentic, it's worth every acting performance.

I've watched many shows from the US 50s and you often had anonymous guests but great characters stealing the spotlight.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm still struggling to get every point of the story... she bought something to her husband, I hear the words "cakes" and "rose"?
My take :
She wanted to surprise her husband and to bake some rolls. She put two yeast cakes (the dry tablets I guess) in ... (supposedly dough) , but the guy interrupted - in your husband?
Then she put three yeast cakes more ... and still could not get "it" rise

After five more yeast cakes in, stil no rise. So she got so disgusted that buried it in the backyard... - Isn'it it against the law?
She planted a geranium on top of it.
Three years later the husband came running into the house ... - He was still alive???
.. and said come and look what is coming out of the ground. This yeast had risen a foot and a half on top of the geranium

1 - 20 of 21 Posts