Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...29mar29,0,6639056.column?coll=sfla-sports-col

Charles Bricker

The kid's another Sharapova - now and in future

Published March 29, 2005

KEY BISCAYNE · She's only 9, but the face looked strikingly like ... no, it couldn't be. Maria Sharapova doesn't have siblings.

Correct. But she does have a cousin, Daria Sharapova, or Dasha for those who know her well, and she was a guest at the draw Monday for the Luxilon junior invitational tournament that begins today at the Nasdaq.

She's much too young to be playing here, but a year from now, I was told by officials at the Evert Tennis Academy, where she trains, she'll probably be entered in the Orange Bowl juniors here at Crandon Park. And perhaps in the girls' 14s instead of the 12s. That's how much they expect her to progress in a year's time.

The early scouting report on this Maria look-alike: excellent skills and exceptional poise, perhaps more poise than you've ever seen on court from a 9-year old.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I have been folowing DAria.. and hse has the skills to take anyone... :armed:

Now back to reality, she really does have skills.. but she will have to prove to everyone that she is a future prodigy! :D

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
sounds like the jamie lynn spears of tennis. it will be interesting to see how daria develops.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
DHfan said:
Wimbledon 2011 showdown: M.Sharapova vs. D.Sharapova lol

very possible!

by then Maria would be 24 & Dasha 15 :eek:

that is some match!!!!!

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
harloo said:
Dear God,

Please don't give us a Sharapova clone. If you do she will be exalted more than you.
:haha: :haha: :haha:

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
DelMonte said:
Source: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...29mar29,0,6639056.column?coll=sfla-sports-col

Charles Bricker

The kid's another Sharapova - now and in future

Published March 29, 2005

KEY BISCAYNE · She's only 9, but the face looked strikingly like ... no, it couldn't be. Maria Sharapova doesn't have siblings.

Correct. But she does have a cousin, Daria Sharapova, or Dasha for those who know her well, and she was a guest at the draw Monday for the Luxilon junior invitational tournament that begins today at the Nasdaq.

She's much too young to be playing here, but a year from now, I was told by officials at the Evert Tennis Academy, where she trains, she'll probably be entered in the Orange Bowl juniors here at Crandon Park. And perhaps in the girls' 14s instead of the 12s. That's how much they expect her to progress in a year's time.

The early scouting report on this Maria look-alike: excellent skills and exceptional poise, perhaps more poise than you've ever seen on court from a 9-year old.
:rolleyes: Please don't make me hate her before she even gets on the tennis court.

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
faboozadoo15 said:
hate comes from within not from without...
:haha: :haha: :haha:...oh you were serious. :p

faboozadoo15 the Dali Lama of WTAworld. :worship: :p

·
Banned
30,774 Posts
faboozadoo15 said:
i think it's pretty indicative of your character to even imagine the possibility of hating a 9 year old girl you've never met.
Yeah, just call me Scrooge. :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was a joke faboo, lighten up. Why does everything...never mind. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.