Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maria is into the main draw.

She was down 3-5 in the second set and 15-40 on her serve. Saved those MPs, and then broke Yulia Beygelzimer's serve from 15-30 down in that game. In set three, Maria squandered an early break, and Yulia served for the main draw again at 5-4, and held at least two more matchpoints before again being broken back by the steely Sharapova. Maria finally managed to close thigs out by breaking Yulia's serve for the match. Tough, tough loss for Yulia, congrats to Maria.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Bravo a great performance one of those matches Im glad I did not follow on live score because you nearly die of heartattacks.

CONGRATS MARIA!!!

KICK ARSE in the main draw!

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
it was more like...

yulia lead 5-1 in the second before losing eight straight games and wasting 3 mp's

she then had another three mp's at 5-4 and choked those away again :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
EXTREMELY impressive results!
Maria, well done and perfect.:)

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
nice one Maria

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BK4ever said:
it was more like...

yulia lead 5-1 in the second before losing eight straight games and wasting 3 mp's

she then had another three mp's at 5-4 and choked those away again :rolleyes:
is that right? I only came on the computer at 3-5 in the 2nd.

Poor girl. This must be tough.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
yeah it was MAJOR CHOKE...not only did she serve for it three times...but she had a lead on almost all of masha's serve games from 5-1 on in the second...

I hope she can recover from this...poor thing

·
Premium Member
181,840 Posts
Sharky was over the moon when i told her :D :)

me too :)
Great gutsy win :)

i hope she gets a good draw after this fight
Q vs Q will do :)
or vs Irvin or Cohen Aloro.

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
Congrats Sharky!

too bad Yulia... :sad: have to feel for her...

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
What an unbelievable comeback for Maria! :D I left following the scores on the internet when she was down 6-7(6) 1-5. I was thinking of things to write this afternoon about Maria's struggles. Then I go to Mariaworld.net and see that she won the second set 7-5! OMG! I couldn't believe it! Then she blows a break lead early in the third, and then gets broken at 4 all but breaks back and wins 8-6 in the third set. I am happy for Maria. But most importantly she showed alot of heart and guts in this match even if she lost the third set.

Udachi Maria! :bounce:

·
Registered
35,826 Posts
I love Maria and am so happy for her, but I REALLY wanted Yulia to win this. Maria has a huge endorsement contract, all set up financially and is a can't miss top 10 prospect and potential Grand Slam champion. Yulia has no sponsors and has been toiling away in challengers and WTA qualies occasionally. While Maria will have countless chances to play Grand Slams, nobody is sure how many (if any) Yulia play. I saw Beygelzeimer play last year and she has such a good game and is so incredibly. Poor girl, she deserved it.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Yulia deserved it more, she was leading most of the time and kept having leads but letting them slip. She converted about 6 of 25 break points and had about 6 match pts, while Maria only had two at the end but took her 2nd. Yulia had more winners too. I hope she can recover from this horrible choke :sad:
Congrats to Maria though, she knew Yulia was choking and kept the pressure on.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Bradshaw, you've made me feel guilty about Yulia losing that match! :sad:

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
Congrats, Maria! :bounce:

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Congrats to Maria and her fans, but I have to feel sorry for Yulija, unfortunately she is one of those who often have difficults in winning an important match

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Congrats Masha. So great win!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts