Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
54,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lisa Dillman
Los Angeles Times

The mystery was solved Monday. Listed at 6 feet in the WTA Tour media guide, Sharapova said she was 6-2, having grown a few more centimeters, which may have contributed to her back problems in 2005.

Does this height come from her rarely-seen mother, Yelena, or some great-grandfather? Well, Yelena is 5-7, and Sharapova dismissed the other theory. She, too, is curious.

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
Okay?

·
49,001 Posts
lol Serena fans dont seem to care for this Sharapova chick... :lol: :lol: ;)

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Somewhere in Russia threre's a lanky 6ft' (plus) man missing Yelena and all there "private time" together... unbeknowst to him, he's got a daughter in the States- Yuri would just be crushed- could you even imagine!!!

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Is it just me or is this "war" between Maria and Serena-fans getting more intense, now that Maria will probably go up number one?

Kickin´! The next months will be dangerous...ease.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Spunky83 said:
Is it just me or is this "war" between Maria and Serena-fans getting more intense, now that Maria will probably go up number one?

Kickin´! The next months will be dangerous...ease.
I can only speak for myself, but I don't engage in wars. I'm more than comfortable letting Serena take care of her battles on the court- I'm only here to cheer and support her on (...and of course, set the record straight)!!!!

·
Registered
114,325 Posts
This is the strange part -
She said Monday that she was in severe pain during the Australian Open and that she thought the most recent mini-growth spurt might have been the culprit.

If that's ^ true, why did she play Tokyo right after?

·
92,578 Posts
deja_entendu said:
Wow look at all the Serena fans
My comment was a reaction to the phrasing of the title and nothing to do with Maria, so if I was one of those you were referring to, you've made a poor inference.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Remember when everybody thought Serena was six feet tall? :)

Now you see her go to net at the end of matches and player after is three, four, five inches taller than her! Intimidation is a funny thing. Serena's actually in the short half of the top ten. ('short' being a VERY relative term.)

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Sharapova Will Grow On You
I hope not. I'm already carrying twins, after carrying MArtina all those years another person on top of all that will weigh me down!

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Sharapova Will Grow On You
Moss or Mold? Enquiring Minds want to know!

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
goldenlox said:
This is the strange part -
She said Monday that she was in severe pain during the Australian Open and that she thought the most recent mini-growth spurt might have been the culprit.

If that's ^ true, why did she play Tokyo right after?
probably because she needed an excuse as to why she lost to serena after having 3 match points :tape: ..........and yes i am a serena fan......and yes i do not like sharapova all that much..... ;)

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
Pamela Shriver said:
I hope not. I'm already carrying twins, after carrying MArtina all those years another person on top of all that will weigh me down!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts