81 - 100 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
84,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #82

·
Premium Member
4,502 Posts
Somewhere around 80, so won't be able to get to some of the big tournaments left without some help. I think it's pretty clear this season will be a wash for her.
You need to be out for 6 months to get a PR, right? If so I'm guessing we'll see her in August, shoulder willing.

·
Registered
34,149 Posts
Sad :(

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
For real, has there EVER been a season where so many top players are withdrawing this much? This has to be a season record.
Only Wozniacki is the top player who currently has a seious pain. Serena and Sharapova aren't. They are aging and their body just can't hold it together anymore.

·
Registered
84,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
From her Insta

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Wow.
It looks like the injury was major.

It's a huge setback for her to be missing so much match play and leaking points uncontested.
One definitely gets the impression she may be looking out for elegant carpets right now.

Granted, being Sharapova, she'll likely get more WCs than most so a low ranking may hamper her less.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
She'll be down in the 80s when those points fall off. Wonder if she'll get special treatment or have to play qualifying for Tier I events.

I don't think she'll ever challenge for big titles again. She's never been someone who can turn on the form from zero. She can't play well without playing consistently, and she's not able to play at all. She can't even take a step down to the international level to build confidence.

·
Banned
17,826 Posts
From her Insta

Lol @ "until next year". Amusing she thinks she'll get a wildcard in Paris after that humiliating snub in 2017. :eek:h:

·
Premium Member
14,221 Posts
She'll be down in the 80s when those points fall off. Wonder if she'll get special treatment or have to play qualifying for Tier I events.

I don't think she'll ever challenge for big titles again. She's never been someone who can turn on the form from zero. She can't play well without playing consistently, and she's not able to play at all. She can't even take a step down to the international level to build confidence.
As a grand slam winner she can have unlimited wild cards. As a sponsor's darling she's sure to be offered them.

81 - 100 of 152 Posts