Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Re: Sharapova OUT of Stuttgart( Stephens,Svitolina , Cibi and Collins too)

With Sharapova out of Madrid there is now a decent Chance she will be Unseeded at RG.

I'd love to see a Sharapova vs Halep 1st Round Match like 2017 US Open :devil:

And then good MaSha will put that Romanian Girl finally out of business.
same ! n then will wait for essays:SNE:

·
Registered
84,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

Cibi got the Sharapova WC.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Re: Sharapova OUT of Stuttgart( Stephens,Svitolina and Collins too)

I'm afraid she will take all that break inside a bathroom and come back stronger.

·
Registered
84,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Look at the Thread Title. Cibulkova is OUT too.
She was OUT of Q for Fed Cup but now she got Marias MD WC.

·
Registered
84,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
She is recovering from a surgery so it's actually quite expected. She said she was doubtful about a Stuttgart comeback at least a month ago as well. I think she will skip Madrid and Rome as well and just play in Strasbourg and Paris. If she skips both, she will be out of the top 50.
Lol. Sharapova wouldn't be caught dead at Strasbourg. However, you can bet your house she will be ready for RG. Madrid and Rome...not a big priority right now but she seems to be ready to play by Rome. Ranking? Not a big priority...any rank can win anything. For Sharapova, winning a grand slam and also her health is the MO and always has been. She has 900+ points...1 point in Stuttgart (seriously), a hundred or two for QF in Madrid, a few hundred for Rome SF and her biggest chunk is RG which she will be defending QF points for sure.

She is still one of the best on clay...she lost on clay to Garcia (gifted that one), Bertens (ran out of gas), Halep (fought hard but was spent) and of course the Muguruza loss which Sharapova was just not herself in that match. Not bad to lose on clay to any of those players.

If she says she is not quite ready to slay, then she isn't ready...but as someone who follows her IG stories, I know she is getting there and looks fitter than I think she ever has been. In fact, when she announced this, she was on a beach working on her footwork and swinging a medicine ball at full force.

Delusional much? The truth of the matter is that her Post Meldonium career has been awful. She needs those babies to be able to won three setters and go deep in slams. She's a fraud.

·
Registered
106 Posts

She will be back. She has the mind of a champion.
Cannot wait to see this level from her again :drool::drool::drool:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

Hahahahaha, listen to the pumpers pumping away, lol! Very ironic how a player's consistent results are a far cry from the garbage her Cool-Aid drinkers spew on here. RG cannot come soon enough. We will see what your new excuse will be, lol!

·
Registered
6,526 Posts

Recovering from shoulder surgery is a reason, not an "excuse". Maria has been training but is not hitting balls as yet. She'll be back when she is healed.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

·
Registered
84,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

She won't play Stuttgart. Book it.
1st Round - Cibi vs Q

·
Registered
635 Posts

Sharapova, both Williams, Nadal, Murray - all from the same era and can barely make it through a tournament without causing more damage to themselves.
I'm sure Tokyo 2020 can't come soon enough for them all so they can start to enjoy their retirement.

·
Registered
7,725 Posts

She won't play Stuttgart. Book it.
How do you know that?

Are you part of her team?

:scratch:

·
Registered
84,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

·
Registered
7,725 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts

Why is Sloane out? Doesn't want to travel to tourney after two day Fed Cup?

41 - 60 of 152 Posts