1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
54,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.gibbonsstampmonthly.com/story.asp?storycode=2646&preview=1

Sharapova not only has opponents lickedJuly 2006
Young tennis star is keen collector

Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova has revealed that when she’s not whacking the opposition all over the tennis court she enjoys nothing more than indulging in her favourite hobby – stamp collecting.

The former Wimbledon champion, 19, claims to have a huge collection and has been collecting since she was a child.

“I’ve collected stamps since I was nine or ten years old, and I’ve so many, millions. I’ve stamps passed down from my mom’s grandmother. They’re that old they’re almost rusty!”, she said following a victory at the DFS Classic at Edgbaston Priory Club.

"The coolest thing is finding an excuse to go to the post office and do something different. It's exciting, something different. Not too many people do it. It's a cool collection I have.

"I know the whole process of how to remove stamps and dry them, but now I get catalogues from around the world and I get my mum to order them.

"I look at them and enjoy them. It's a nice distraction away from tennis."

Sharapova won the Ladies’ Wimbledon Singles title in 2004 and is among the top seeds for this year’s tournament which begins on 26 June

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
spiceboy said:
http://www.gibbonsstampmonthly.com/story.asp?storycode=2646&preview=1

Sharapova not only has opponents lickedJuly 2006
Young tennis star is keen collector

Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova has revealed that when she’s not whacking the opposition all over the tennis court she enjoys nothing more than indulging in her favourite hobby – stamp collecting.

The former Wimbledon champion, 19, claims to have a huge collection and has been collecting since she was a child.

“I’ve collected stamps since I was nine or ten years old, and I’ve so many, millions. I’ve stamps passed down from my mom’s grandmother. They’re that old they’re almost rusty!”, she said following a victory at the DFS Classic at Edgbaston Priory Club.

"The coolest thing is finding an excuse to go to the post office and do something different. It's exciting, something different. Not too many people do it. It's a cool collection I have.

"I know the whole process of how to remove stamps and dry them, but now I get catalogues from around the world and I get my mum to order them.

"I look at them and enjoy them. It's a nice distraction away from tennis."

Sharapova won the Ladies’ Wimbledon Singles title in 2004 and is among the top seeds for this year’s tournament which begins on 26 June

"whacking the opposition all over the tennis court"

The Hype Machine is alive and well.

·
Gone with the Wind fabulous!
8,399 Posts
I love how Sharapova is quoted as saying, "I’ve so many," "I’ve stamps passed down from my mom’s grandmother," and "mum". :lol:

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Reactions: SJW

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
masha...she will always :eek: me! always something new with her, something that of course you couldn't have even imagine! she is realy funny! like her!

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
Wow. Masha's a geek.

That's cool.

·
Banned
2,936 Posts
miffedmax said:
Wow. Masha's a geek.

That's cool.
Everyone has a inner geek, wo must learn to embrace them :devil:

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Kind of interesting. I don't feature many young, hip, gorgeous people being stamp collectors. She's got the money to indulge her passion.

I kind of think it's more interesting that the same old... fashion designer/actress/singer kind of thing. She must be more dreamy than I've thought.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
she's funny

·
Banned
2,936 Posts
:lol: I love the fact the article has to mention her wimbledon win at the end, just to make sure the readers don't think they just interviewed some dork. :lol:

Love Maria

·
Registered
13,743 Posts
Maria has sides of her charactor well hidden I think, its nice she shares this information with us though :)

·
Registered
25,015 Posts
LoveFifteen said:
I love how Sharapova is quoted as saying, "I’ve so many," "I’ve stamps passed down from my mom’s grandmother," and "mum". :lol:
I noticed that too. :smash: :lol:

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Jedem said:
Originally Posted by LoveFifteen
I love how Sharapova is quoted as saying, "I’ve so many," "I’ve stamps passed down from my mom’s grandmother," and "mum".

I noticed that too. :smash: :lol:
Yeah these quotes are not at all fabricated by an English person! :lol:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts