Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The fans aren't digging on her. They feel cheated, had, hoodwinked, bambozzled. THIS in replacement of Anna Kounikova????? You gotta be kidding!!!!!!!

This is how the fans feel collectively.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
for me personally it's between Maria and Justine. I don't "hate" either of them but i find watching their antics extremely annoying. Justine's are more comical though. and Yuri is slightly more annoying than Carlos

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
She certainly rubs me up the wrong way too.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
G_Slammed said:
The fans aren't digging on her. They feel cheated, had, hoodwinked, bambozzled. THIS in replacement of Anna Kounikova????? You gotta be kidding!!!!!!!

This is how the fans feel collectively.
You know, I hadn't considered that, but there's some validity to it. Also, she was supposed to be the next great player after Wimbledon '04, and instead, it's six straight slams without even a final. And there's Yuri's coaching, so it seems like she's a cheat.

But the big thing is that she's pitched as the favorite in every match. She gets all the negatives associated with a dominant player, and none of the positives. And the really unfair thing is, she isn't a dominant player.

·
Banned
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There seems to be about 3 people that like her: Yuri, her mom, and Mary Jo Fernandez :tape:

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
No...the most hated are Serena and Justine. There was a poll not to long ago...and I think the top 3 were Serena, Justine and Venus. Which just shows people's bias, for Venus to be hated more than Maria, when Venus is nothing but classy all the time is :retard:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
nah... there's someone else... :devil:

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
Most hated? No. Most envied? Apparently.

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
Some folks can't stomach the fact that Sharapova is the anointed, fair haired, name and face of women's tennis now. She's on all the magazine covers, talk shows, prime-time matches, posters, billboards and it drives jealous fans nuts. Some people can't stand the fact that Sharapova has made more money in one year than many accomplished players will in their lives. It simply gets under some peoples skin, so they nit-pick, moan, groan and look for any little thing they can to harp on. Meanwhile, Sharapova continues to roll along, get all the attention, increase in popularity and her haters can't stand it.

I know, I know....."No, really, it isn't jealousy....it's blah blah blah....." :haha: :haha: :haha:

Reactions: gsm and tennisjunky

·
Registered
263 Posts
yeah the miami crowd is a great example of that growing popularity you speak of!
she bugs me too! i personally was loving every minute of the golovin match!

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
tennispro105 said:
yeah the miami crowd is a great example of that growing popularity you speak of! she bugs me too! i personally was loving every minute of the golovin match!
Everybody loves to see an underdog come from behind and beat a heavy favorite. I was all for Golovin. I was all for Myskina in the quarters too, believe me, but you don't see me getting snotty about Sharapova because she beat my girl and pumped her fist or whatever.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
She didn't earn many new fans tonight and it's all on the news etc so I guess she'll feel is for some time like Justine.

·
Banned
6,444 Posts
borisy said:
She didn't earn many new fans tonight and it's all on the news etc so I guess she'll feel is for some time like Justine.
Ignorant tennis fans. Such jealous, hateful people.

·
Premium Member
21,386 Posts
Justine is the reigning queen. I don't ever recall seeing such animosity toward a player, following that AO final debacle.

Maria comes second. Serena a close third.

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
She can still change her on-court behaviour!!
That's the main reason of the "hate" toward her

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.