jrm said:
Yes, Horseteeth Martina is the youngest
Green is not a pretty color on you.:eek:

·
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect
32,385 Posts
jrm said:
Yes, Horseteeth Martina is the youngest
The greatest Horseteeth the world has ever seen... And we all ( Martians ) love Martina... Martina Hingis !

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
GO HINGIS!!! :worship: no one tops the Queen :p

·
Registered
13,105 Posts
I'm confused, isn't what Robbie said correct? He said since USO 1997. Has there been a younger finalist than Masha since then or not? Without checking, I think he's right. I don't see what Monica has to do with it, since she can't possibly have been that young at any time since then.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
*~ The Leopard ~* said:
I'm confused, isn't what Robbie said correct? He said since USO 1997. Has there been a younger finalist than Masha since then or not? Without checking, I think he's right. I don't see what Monica has to do with it, since she can't possibly have been that young at any time since then.
No, because Martina Hingis was younger than Venus in that final. Go Martina!

·
Registered
13,105 Posts
Oh, okay. I thought she was older then than Masha is now, if only slightly. I stand corrected. *Eats some of Volcana's humble pie.*

I still don't know what Monica has to do with it, but never mind. :shrug:

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
*~ The Leopard ~* said:
Oh, okay. I thought she was older then than Masha is now, if only slightly. I stand corrected. *Eats some of Volcana's humble pie.*

I still don't know what Monica has to do with it, but never mind. :shrug:
I stuffed up the original thread post, because I thought Maria would be younger than Monica if she won today but I edited that.

And yep Hingis was still 16 at USO 97 :eek:, but by then she already had two slams under her belt, so getting to the US final was hardly her greatest achievement. On the other hand for Venus that final was her first big splash. Maria is a very similar type to Venus so it is interesting that she reaches her first slam final being only 1 month or so older than Venus was.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts