Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Don't mess with Texas!
4,900 Posts
I know what you are talking about! I am seeing a lot of promise. I might not turn off tennis after Monica stops now. I have someone to root for again! YAY!

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Or will she merely be the next 'Little VENUS' Hantuchova? :)

So, Richard and Sharpie's mom were good pals 17-18 years ago, eh? :eek: :)

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
sharapova hits a heavy ball like the williams sisters.

daniella hits pancake flat which soi the reason she gets the high winner and high error ratio akin to venus in the early stages of her carreer IMO

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
imo maria hits harder than hantuchova already and maria can hit winners from anywhere whereas DANIELA has a bit more finesse.

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Maria definitely is just gonna keep getting better. And what I like about her compared to so many others like her, is you can see that fire in her eyes.

People that succeed in tennis are those that want it. And barring she does not have anything serious happen physically or in her personal life, there is no reason why she cannot be top five by 18-19.

But she has her detractors and hopefully she will shut them up with her ever improving game.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Me like girlie too! She´s the potential to do some very great things. 16 years old, huh?! And to play like that against Kim in this form?! :eek:

People are right about her fire. I think she will weather the storm of bad times better than Dani. Let´s just say we won´t see Maria crying on court any time soon.

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
Knizzle, I like your thoughts on Maria being the third Williams sister! :D

As a tennis player Maria reminds me most of Daniela Hantuchova. Like Darling Dani :angel: , Maria is tall, thin, has great technique on her strokes and has alot of power. And as others have pointed out Maria at age 16 already has more power than Dani and hits a heavier ball. And she's already physically bigger and stronger than Dani, too.

As far as her tennis career goes and how good she will be, I think Maria Sharapova will most likely be somewhere between Daniela Hantuchova and Venus Williams. :bounce: And I'll gladly settle for that. :)

Udachi Maria! :bounce:

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
disposablehero said:
I thought Kim was the third Williams sister? Of course, a lot of people said Hantuchova. Does that mean there are 5, or is it that Williams fans get bored having only 2?
we're greedy.

Kim is still an honorary wiliams sister.

Daniela? Well the game is there but the mind..... not very williams sisterish... unless you compare her with post first grandslam win serena but even then serena was winning tournaments. Daniela has lost her honorary williams sister status and is now replaced by maria supergirl sharapova who inherits the nickname from serena glamazon williams.

·
Registered
15,464 Posts
its so crazy, but when she played juniors, she was NOTHING like this. yes, she won those jr slams, but her game has come a long way!maria is definitely the real thing!a real go-getter!ALLEZ MARIA!and when was the last time we actually had someone with a holy name on the top?

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.