Tennis Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Maria needs to play the better competition in order for her to fulfill her vast potential. And next year Masha will play better competition than she did this year.

Udachi Mashara in 2004! :bounce:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I remember when Anna first played Wimbledon and damn she was good and there was great times ahead for her but she blew it all with the modelling and all the rest, she came from the bottom and wanted to be famous and you can't blame her really.

However all thought Maria has taken on this modelling contract I think she can juggle both things. She seems to be very mature for a 16 year old and I think that will see her through it.
Yeah you've all said she was a little arsey on the show but shes young and shes been asked the same two questions since wimbledon.

1) How do you feel being compared to Anna
2)About your grunting

I think anyone would be a little fed up. She ain't the only player to make noise and shes already out done Anna in the singles titles.
Give the girl a break.

I think her dad will keep her grounded, he seems to be a big influence in her life. If you look at Anna's mum you can see why she turned out like she did, the woman used to create media hype all the time talking about Anna and her boyfriends, she wanted her to be big because she's living her dream through Anna. Martina's mum did the same and Alexanders S mum is doing it all the time.

All we can do is keep our fingers crossed that the lanky beauty keeps level headed and her chin up.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
adele_eve, thanks a lot for your thoughtful comments.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
adele_eve said:
However all thought Maria has taken on this modelling contract I think she can juggle both things. She seems to be very mature for a 16 year old and I think that will see her through it.
Yeah you've all said she was a little arsey on the show but shes young and shes been asked the same two questions since wimbledon.

1) How do you feel being compared to Anna
2)About your grunting

I think anyone would be a little fed up. She ain't the only player to make noise and shes already out done Anna in the singles titles.
Give the girl a break.

I think her dad will keep her grounded, he seems to be a big influence in her life. If you look at Anna's mum you can see why she turned out like she did, the woman used to create media hype all the time talking about Anna and her boyfriends, she wanted her to be big because she's living her dream through Anna. Martina's mum did the same and Alexanders S mum is doing it all the time.
Well said.

You gotta figure getting asked the same questions time and time again, eventually you'll start getting aggitated. I know I would. So, I don't blame her. The main thing right now is for her to keep focused so the pressure doesn't cause the same issues on court that has cause other players the same demise even with what IMG throws her way. And I think she's got that down pat atm.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Hi Jojo! :wavey: I agree with you that Maria is focused on her tennis career and won't let her endorsements and potential endorsements distract her from the task at hand. Which is to become an elite tennis player.

Excellent post, adele_eve. :D I also think Maria's father Yuri will play a major role in keeping Maria focused on tennis.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Yes, please post some pics!

·
Registered
113,408 Posts
I saw Maria on Cold Pizza. A friend had it on tape, and I watched it tonight. She was very good. Very funny.
She was good on Kilborn also. I just didn't like the Anna comment.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Saw it too, when it was live. She is so nice really good connection on interview. I love her!

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
goldenlox said:
I saw Maria on Cold Pizza. A friend had it on tape, and I watched it tonight. She was very good. Very funny.
She was good on Kilborn also. I just didn't like the Anna comment.
Thanks for letting us know, goldenlox.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts