Tennis Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

Registered
If Jennifer Brady can make a GS final and either of Zidansek or Pavlyuchenkova too then of course someone like Sharapova must be thinking the level of competition is crap these days and she can still do well. What about Clijsters' comeback? These former greats realize the level of competition is much lower than during the 00s and early 10s. Time to pick all the low hanging fruits!
The difference is that Sharapova was actually there until last year (and Brady was one of the last people to beat her if I remember correctly). 馃槄

Registered
She mentioned watching RG yes, but from what she shows on her insta she's actually never stopped working out. The real news here is her watching tennis lol.

Rise up from ignorance
The difference is that Sharapova was actually there until last year (and Brady was one of the last people to beat her if I remember correctly). 馃槄
Second to last in Brisbane. Vekic at AO was the last one ;)

Registered
lol. that'd be the day if she actually came back. i suspect she thought her post tennis career would be more relevant in the media but just hasn't been the case.

Registered
...someone like Sharapova must be thinking the level of competition is crap these days and she can still do well. What about Clijsters' comeback? These former greats realize the level of competition is much lower than during the 00s and early 10s. Time to pick all the low hanging fruits!
And exactly how many tour wins did Clijsters manage in this latest "comeback?" Obviously the fruit are just a leetle bit further out of reach than she suspected hoped. :LOL:

Registered
I鈥檓 pretty sure she鈥檚 friends with Pavlyuchenkova and Djokovic. She might be watching to support them.
I thought the whole point of her existence was NOT to have friends on tour. Djokovic, sure, because he's no threat, but Pavs? Maybe she's thawed slightly since retiring.

Rise up from ignorance
And exactly how many tour wins did Clijsters manage in this latest "comeback?" Obviously the fruit are just a leetle bit further out of reach than she suspected hoped. :LOL:
It's not really about what the fans think of her comeback. Any former elite player who makes such a return has to be thinking about reasonable success? So I believe Clijsters thinks she can win some matches among the current level of competition. Not exactly a genuine publicity stunt IMO.

Registered
It's not really about what the fans think of her comeback. Any former elite player who makes such a return has to be thinking about reasonable success? So I believe Clijsters thinks she can win some matches among the current level of competition. Not exactly a genuine publicity stunt IMO.
I honestly wasn't thinking of it that way. But Clijsters showed that the reality is FAR different from what many posters here expected/hoped that she would manage. 20 or 30 minutes in a first-to-4 format is way different from the real tour.

Registered
Do you think that they still have SugarPova stands at tournaments like they used to?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts