Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
King
28,934 Posts
Her retirement felt very final for a number of reasons, so if she did announce something it would be a BOMBSHELL!!1!

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
37,725 Posts
This is a troll thread I think. It's her doing a few drills, and she clearly meant watching the French Open inspired her to do some exercise because by the looks of it she's been spending her time laying on the beach and eating in fancy Italian restaurants.
She goes to a lot of art galleries as well.

·
Registered
Serena! Naomi. Coco. Simona. Iga. Ashleigh.
2,842 Posts
Sharapova said her injuries were bad when she came back
Maybe she is feeling good now. The tour is certainly a fucking mess if Zidansek/Pavs and Muchova/Brady are slam semis
The recent form shown by Zidansek, Pavs, Muchova, and the top players would crush Sharapova. If Serena struggles against the current crop, Maria would struggle to win games at all. I think Maria did right to call it quits when she did.

·
Rise up from ignorance
18,598 Posts
If Jennifer Brady can make a GS final and either of Zidansek or Pavlyuchenkova too then of course someone like Sharapova must be thinking the level of competition is crap these days and she can still do well. What about Clijsters' comeback? These former greats realize the level of competition is much lower than during the 00s and early 10s. Time to pick all the low hanging fruits!

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
Justine Henin needs to come back and try for that elusive Wimbledon title

·
Rise up from ignorance
18,598 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
JFC. Sharapova proved to be a 100+ ranked journeywoman at best when not filled full of drugs. One clown show of an RG should not tempt her back. Studies show that a lot of long term drug users suffer from lifelong delusional thoughts and behaviour and If Martha thinks she has a chance of a simultaneously successful and sober comeback, then she is no more than a text book example of why long term drug use is medically discouraged .

·
Registered
15,776 Posts
Oh I would be over the moon but no chance. I am pretty sure Maria is done with tennis for good. I just can't see her coming back and risking to lose to most random names for a year before the maybe shapes up for the top 100/50.

She is rich, can do whatever she wants and engaged to a even wealthier handsome young man who has connections everywhere.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
She obviously wants her farewell tour, maybe Jankovic, Ivanovic, Radwanska and Wozniacki could join her to travle around the world as friends

·
La Divina Assoluta
11,406 Posts
Sharapova was in physical decline as early as 2015 and she looked extremely done the last few months on tour. The way she fizzled out so anticlimatically against Vekic at the AO was pretty much symbolic of how over her career she was.

Just too many injuries and honestly why would she even bother at this stage? Tennis can't be everything forever.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts