Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sorry but Im fed up of hearing about this Sharapova. She anit wining shit. She is not beating Jen in the third round at all. she is a 16 YEAR OLD KID. Who has beaten who out of the top ten, Dokic (well that not hard) and she not even in the top ten
Give her a couple of years and then maybe. Just cos she is pretty and Blonde every one talks about her like she has already arrived well i say let her tennis doing the talking and at the moment it wispering..
Im sorry im hateing on her but the girl is no Martina Hingis she is not wining this Grandslam

·
Registered
24,266 Posts
so if this girl is "no martina hingis" what would you compare martina hingis to to slam her when she was 16? crazier things have happened. this girl is hungry and has a bigger game than martina... i think she might surprise you. even if she gets to the second round she's still a whole lot better than your "left toe."
btw, which is the "left toe"?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
faboozadoo15 said:
so if this girl is "no martina hingis" what would you compare martina hingis to to slam her when she was 16? crazier things have happened. this girl is hungry and has a bigger game than martina... i think she might surprise you. even if she gets to the second round she's still a whole lot better than your "left toe."
btw, which is the "left toe"?
:lol: :lol: :lol: The one that aint winning the US Open

·
Registered
24,266 Posts
great comeback... glad to see some ppl still have a little sense of humor. anyway, i think she can go far, but winning is so out there for her... she's never made a slam quarterfinal... but if you've seen her play well, you can easily see how she's being hyped especially with a weaker field (no seles, i know!).

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Wow your left toe must be really great! Who is its coach?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Right toe. But im thinking of givening it the sack and hireing my small toe

Reactions: Hazy

·
Banned
71 Posts
Queen Rebecca said:
I used to root against her strictly because I was annoyed about the absolutely ridiculous hype. If she was ugly and full of game, absolutely nobody outside of a select few would care.

But I have seen her play, and was impressed, so I laid off her ;)

Still... if she beats Jenn :lol: my left toe might fall off :p
Of course, your the Queen of tennis knowledge... so your respect of Maria is duly noted.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have to agree. It's ridiculous how so many are over inflating her chances. Her results are good for 16, but they aren't that great compared to top players and many other players at the same age.

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
Vivi loves to take on players like this! She is as wily a veteran as Likhotseva. NOT easy for Maria (unless Vivi has one of her off-days! :eek: )

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I've seen a few of her matches, both live and on tv, i think shes got a lot of potential, but i agree that she is too overhyped, if you look at her actual results. She cant even beat Kuznetsova, Asagoe and Likhovtseva, yet people are predicting she'll beat players like Capriati and Clijsters!
I also feel that if she wasnt blonde or apparently good looking (i dont think she is but people seem to think so for some reason), she would not have this much attention or hype. I do like her, but all this constant hype recently has started to turn me off a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts