Tennis Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
Advil (an NSAID, Cyclo-oxygenase Inhibitor) opens blood vessels by directly affecting adrenaline receptors like it says Meldonium is puported to do in the Wikipedia article? Is this published anywhere? All the research suggests that NSAIDs increases the risk of accute episodes in cardiovascular disease (like heart attack or stroke) by disturbing the equilibrium in the inflammation system.

Perhaps what you say is mentioned in the latest edition of Pharmakopoeia Djokovicia? Along with the magic water and gluten-free cupcake sprinkles, fairy dust and unicorn horn shavings?
Advil (ibuprofen) isn't in the same class as meldonium. Meldonium is classified as a non-specific metabolic modulator. Meaning there needs to be more research because there is actually no specific reason why anyone would take this and it's pathways are not fully understood.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just stating that things have moved on with performance suppliments and such knowledge now. Sometimes the wrong button or auto cue might show up in a message. Likewise punctuation and Grammer coz cud give a dmn like most to type quick on net. At least ya didn't say Scarecrow!

·
Registered
219 Posts
So your response to my detailed scientific discussion is a strawman and line that can be construed as a personal attack on me? Your expansive knowledge on physiology and pharmacology are an asset to this community.

Also your spelling knowledge needs "supplimental" remediation as does your use of punctuation.
I'm not doing an English lesson ,sometimes gonna use slangor net speak coz quick or hit a wrong key sorry. At least ya didn't say Scarecrow reply,hahahahaha. I was just pointing out that now performance or training can be done with suppliments that give similar results,when training for event or recovering and they are legal. You tell me how . Raphael Nadal wins the slams and he might tell you what he does. Sharapova did quite well after the ban. Came back and went from Top 300 to Top 30 again.Ohyeah Oh yeahnow and she didn't get gift seeding eitherjustafew wildcards. Top 30 is a big deal for the players, it's the bestsome ever do without new injuries or in general that stop them players,it's a big dealback to top 40 now is very competitive and n achievement. Just obviously not for some.

·
Registered
428 Posts
For me one thing that has always stood out is that she declared even her harmless vitamin B and C supplements on her forms, yet never put down meldonium. That to me indicates subterfuge, and tells me everything I need to know about her 'intention'.
And also the fact that she found a doctor in Russia to prescribe meldonium for her. By the way, there are russian doctors in the USA, but Sharapova did not contact them because her goal was to get meldonium.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I like this thread very much, it really emphasizes Masha's legacy: A Doper & A Cheater!

121 - 126 of 126 Posts