Tennis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Did someone say vasodialotor.

So for athletes It appears the drug has two main effects.

One of them changes mitochondrial function allowing more fat (long chain fatty acids) to be burned without overloading the system.

Physiologically fats are very efficient at storing energy because they don't soak up water. However as anyone who's turned 40 and suddently has a few extra kilograms around the belly can tell you. The body prefers to burn anything else before going into Beta-oxidation and using that stored fat.

If you are trying to lose fat weight the trainers will tell you to calculate your target heart rate and try to sustain that for 30 minutes. This is a proxy for a physiological condition where your body is using energy at a rate where burning fat is prefered. If you work harder than this, your body will not burn fat because the B-oxidation step is a bottleneck that prevents enough energy to meet demand from releasing. Therefore the body will go into anaerobic mode and burn glycogen without sending it through the electro transport chain and form lactic acid instead. Conversely if you work less hard than this the body, will not bother burning the fat because it doesn't need that much energy and can get by with burning free glucose/glycogen completely. So the tdrug expands the energy consumption range where burning fat is prefered physiologically

The other effect is that it's a vasodilator. So it increases blood flow letting muscles work harder without lactic acid build up.

Both these effects are useful in a match but they are equally important in training. You can build your muscles and work harder for longer.
Now they just use suppliments or foods for the same effect,many players now,what are we gonna do pinch their as on the way to the court with a Pova Preseason Index (PPD) and say maybe we have to test you now.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The reason why this subject is still having so much 'attraction' to so many users, is that people generally hate cheaters and liars ..and Masha is a proven Cheater and a Liar that keeps on lying year after year, while trying to throw the blame on anyone else but her.
Sharapova, apparently, considers herself heavenly and is sure that everyone should agree with her, including her lies. But even after the CAS agreed with her (one can only guess why), many continue to consider her a liar and do not believe her words, because people have their own heads and they can distinguish the truth from outright lies.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Imagine thinking it's okay to use PEDs for recovery when that's one of the primary reasons they're banned to begin with. PEDs allow athletes to train harder and play harder because they know they will recover better so the consequences of overexertion are lessened. This in turn helps them perform better ("amp") in their next match.
Imagine being obsessed with someone you hate.

I can't. 😉😉😉

Also, read the second part. That's all the justification ill ever need. That applies to everyone who quoted me.

Obviously, I did not even read them because I already know what they had to say. Same ol shit since 2016.

Like I said...and ill be VERY CLEAR:

IT'S ABOUT INTENTIONALITY. LOOK IT UP.

MARIA SHARAPOVA CLEARED BY WADA OFFICIALLY. READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH AND YOU WILL SEE THE STATEMEBT THAT SHE WAS NOT, I REPEAT, NOT, AN INTENTIONAL DOPER.

Man, it's true you can't teach stupid. So I'm expecting replies from the usual obsessed trash.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Now they just use suppliments or foods for the same effect,many players now,what are we gonna do pinch their as on the way to the court with a Pova Preseason Index (PPD) and say maybe we have to test you now.
There is no evidence meldonium even works. I've been researching it since 2016. No peer authored/reviewed science to back up it's classification as a PED.

Reactions: Andrew brown-

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Sharapova and her fans claim that meldonium is a common medicine, similar to vitamins. But for the sake of this usual medicine, Sharapova found a doctor in Russia, brought it from Russia for many years, took meldonium in training and before important matches. And for some reason, she never listed meldonium in her declaration to WADA.

And as soon as meldonium was banned, Sharapova's level of play immediately dropped sharply, she began to lose frequently in the first rounds. The game with and without meldonium is two different Sharapovs. Very interesting "vitamins" ...
Wrong again. You really need to read her book.

Sharapova was already on the decline in 2014. The fact she won RG was a miracle. In fact, all her post-2008 victories were a miracle.

The fact is, Sharapova faced this at a moment when she had already planned her exit. She absolutely didn't even think it would happen the way it did. No one did.

She came back in 2017 to show that she wasn't a quitter. Her body was broken, her confidence was low and she was obviously not having any fun at all.

The fact that she grinded out three seasons amid all the controversy and was still the #1 topic of tennis (sorry Alexis Ohanihan Jr), well that's Sharapova for you.

I think it suits her legacy. The minority of people that hate her, always will. The majority that love her, always will. That's fame. She will always be the most loved tennis player. She's a badass. The way she carries herself probably boils Serena and her multitude of haters' blood but it's awesome and she doesn't give a shit.

·
Registered
7,443 Posts
17.50-18:07 :ROFLMAO:

It was a great match, anyway. Bartoli was peaking like crazy in the first set.

Reactions: Ed Hominan

·
Registered
294 Posts
Wrong again. You really need to read her book.
I have no desire to read this liar's book. And you do not need to be sure that meldonium does not give an advantage, otherwise Sharapova would not have looked for a doctor in Russia and would not have brought meldonium from there for many years, would not have hidden it without indicating meldonium in her declaration.

She has used Meldonium throughout her career, both in training and before important matches, and in high doses. And as soon as the meldonium was banned, Sharapova began to play at the level of the third ten.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I have no desire to read this liar's book. And you do not need to be sure that meldonium does not give an advantage, otherwise Sharapova would not have looked for a doctor in Russia and would not have brought meldonium from there for many years, would not have hidden it without indicating meldonium in her declaration.

She has used Meldonium throughout her career, both in training and before important matches, and in high doses. And as soon as the meldonium was banned, Sharapova began to play at the level of the third ten.
Then remain ignorant.

I have no desire to read the rest of that trash you just wrote. All my replies are 👆👆👆👆

I'm 10000% sure anything you said can be refuted by my previous comments...which you obviously did not read because we don't see eye to eye and NEVER will so keep preaching to the choir and getting likes from Sharapova's patheric trolls....nothing new.

Also, you don't know how and when she used Meldonium. Those mysterious exchanges have already been debunked. It's all fake news. However, I would LOVE to see where you got her dosage and times. Please include legit links in your reply.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Maria really is the Queen. Even in retirement. Long live the Queen.

Reactions: Zula

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Yes, meldonium queen.
At least you admit she's the Queen 😉😉😉😉

8 months here. I guess you missed quite a bit in the last few years. You're learning who the Queen is. Baby steps.

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
So your response to my detailed scientific discussion is a strawman and line that can be construed as a personal attack on me? Your expansive knowledge on physiology and pharmacology are an asset to this community.

Also your spelling knowledge needs "supplimental" remediation as does your use of punctuation.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
True.

Meldonium may not necessarily "enhance" performance in the sense of boosting service power or leg speed, but its effects are certainly questionable when related to performance of an individual who is not using it for treatment of an actual ailment.

From Wikipedia:

Meldonium may be used to treat coronary artery disease.[4][5] These heart problems may sometimes lead to ischemia, a condition where too little blood flows to the organs in the body, especially the heart. Because this drug is thought to expand the arteries, it helps to increase the blood flow as well as increase the flow of oxygen throughout the body.[6] Meldonium has also been found to induce anticonvulsant and antihypnotic effects involving alpha 2-adrenergic receptors as well as nitric oxide-dependent mechanisms. This, in summary, shows that meldonium given in acute doses could be beneficial for the treatment of seizures and alcohol intoxication.

I'm not for one moment suggesting that Sharapova was an epileptic or alcoholic. From memory, she claimed that meldonium had initially been prescribed for her heart and possible familial links to diabetes. Whilst meldonium is used to treat coronary artery disease, I can't see how anyone with that illness could possibly play tennis at the level shown by Sharapova, no matter what treatment was employed. However, anyone without heart problems is certainly going to benefit markedly from an increase in blood and oxygen flow during competitive sport.

The following section on the physio-pharmacology of the drug is also very interesting, but it would send everyone to sleep if I included it here. Maybe @Tampering has some opinions to offer from a medical viewpoint.
Advil is also purported to have all of the properties you mention (but is not marketed as such), yet it is authorised in and out of competition.

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Advil is also purported to have all of the properties you mention (but is not marketed as such), yet it is authorised in and out of competition.
Advil (an NSAID, Cyclo-oxygenase Inhibitor) opens blood vessels by directly affecting adrenaline receptors like it says Meldonium is puported to do in the Wikipedia article? Is this published anywhere? All the research suggests that NSAIDs increases the risk of accute episodes in cardiovascular disease (like heart attack or stroke) by disturbing the equilibrium in the inflammation system.

Perhaps what you say is mentioned in the latest edition of Pharmakopoeia Djokovicia? Along with the magic water and gluten-free cupcake sprinkles, fairy dust and unicorn horn shavings?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Advil (an NSAID, Cyclo-oxygenase Inhibitor) opens blood vessels by directly affecting adrenaline receptors like it says Meldonium is puported to do in the Wikipedia article? Is this published anywhere? All the research suggests that NSAIDs increases the risk of accute episodes in cardiovascular disease (like heart attack or stroke) by disturbing the equilibrium in the inflammation system.

Perhaps what you say is mentioned in the latest edition of Pharmakopoeia Djokovicia? Along with the magic water and gluten-free cupcake sprinkles, fairy dust and unicorn horn shavings?
I myself thought most anti-inflammatories increase blood pressure, but according to these (old) studies Ibuprofen promotes coronary blood flow: Coronary arterial vasodilator effect of ibuprofen.

The present invention provides novel methods for treating angina, particularly unstable and Prinzmetal's forms of angina, patients with a tendency towards coronary thrombosis, such as those patients suffering from atherosclerosis or coronary stenosis, and those having coronary vasospasm. In accordance with these methods, protective amounts of ibuprofen or flurbiprofen was administered to the coronary arteries to cause coronary vasodilation. These administrations do not inhibit prostacyclin synthesis and do not substantially alter systemic blood pressure or heart rate. Administration of these compounds, and particularly ibuprofen, coincidentally inhibit thromboxane and other prostaglandin synthesis. Antagonism of thromboxane synthesis may also result when flurbiprofen is administered. Accordingly, the methods of the present invention accomplish coronary vasodilation utilizing heretofore unknown vasodilating compounds which effectively relieve the symptoms of reduced coronary blood flow, and coincidentally exhibit beneficial side effects.
Not here to challenge anyone's expertise on the matter, I'm just genuinely curious.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts