Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
thats great for sharapova, she continues to show improvement, especially against some on who blasted her at the open

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Yeah, that's a really great win. :rolleyes: Takes her out in a nothing tournament that nobody cares about but can't beat her at a Slam when the whole world is watching. :lol:

I hope this isn't a harbinger of things to come. Sort of like Kimmie beating up on every player and winning all those little tournaments but can't come through at the BIG ONE. :mad:

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
That's a nice win for Maria. :) This win showed Maria learned from her loss to Emelie Loit at the 2003 U.S. Open. And after losing a tight second set, Maria showed some mental toughness by winning the third set 6-3.

miranda_lou, give Maria some time. This is the beginning of her career. After learning how to play Loit she beat her. And Loit took a set off of Jennifer Capriati at the U.S. Open. So she was playing well there.

·
Registered
435 Posts
miranda_lou said:
Yeah, that's a really great win. :rolleyes: Takes her out in a nothing tournament that nobody cares about but can't beat her at a Slam when the whole world is watching. :lol:

I hope this isn't a harbinger of things to come. Sort of like Kimmie beating up on every player and winning all those little tournaments but can't come through at the BIG ONE. :mad:
Miranda, you're missing the point here. The veteran player Emilie beat Maria at the US Open with her tricky lefty play. Okay, due to Maria's inexperience. But obviously Maria has learned and beat Emilie at the next opportunity. THAT's the important thing!

·
Registered
17,877 Posts
well done, Maria!

·
Registered
13,985 Posts
miranda_lou said:

You know, being a little bit positive doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
Erdinger made a crucial point about the important aspect of Maria's win over Emelie Loit is that Maria learned from her loss to Loit at the U.S. Open. Maria usually struggles against lefthanders and Loit a very crafty lefty who had beaten Maria at the Open. But Maria learned from that loss and beat Loit the next time they played. And that shows me something good about Maria's mental toughness and character. :)

Reactions: Rollo

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Nice to see Maria, right the wrongs. I hope she isnt playing like she did at Flushing though...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.