Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wimbledon boys finalist Kasiri said about Maria:

"I knew her when I was about 14 and she was 13 or 12. We trained together a few times with her father - that was good. "Even when she was 13, she used to beat everyone, even the older guys. And she worked extremely hard."

Reactions: jd

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he he he! since the moment you decided to have jelena's initials as your nick :)

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
jd_fan said:
Wimbledon boys finalist Kasiri said about Maria:

"I knew her when I was about 14 and she was 13 or 12. We trained together a few times with her father - that was good. "Even when she was 13, she used to beat everyone, even the older guys. And she worked extremely hard."
If he's 18 now and still in the juniors, he can't be that good. (Though its still impressive). Who the "older guys" he meant were makes alot of difference, of course. But this isn't exactly like the famous story About A young Monica beating on (Jim Courier?) in practice.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
To be fair, when you are in juniors, there is a chance for girls beating the boys coz girls tend to mature faster. If you watch some of the boys match, you will see many are still junkballing and serve not as hard. But once you reach the age of 17/18, and the guys starting to develop physically, it is almost impossible for gals to beat guysat the top level

1 - 9 of 9 Posts