1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
12,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/6639105.stm

Sharapova a doubt for French Open

Sharapova lost 6-1 6-1 to Serena Williams in her last match
World number two Maria Sharapova has pulled out of next week's Italian Open through injury, casting doubt on her place at this month's French Open.
The 20-year-old Russian has a shoulder injury and has not played since losing to Serena Williams in Miami in March.

"My body is slowly getting better but in no way will I be ready to play in Rome," she told her website.

"I just want my fans to know that I am doing everything possible to be ready to play at the French Open."

The French Open gets under way on 27 May.

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
In other words: "see you on grass!"

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
mmm damn

·
Registered
32,778 Posts
:lol: Nothing new than Maria had already said in her blog on the weekend.
I think she'll play at RG....even if her shoulder isnt 100%.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
RG is gonna be wide open if she withdraws!

Reactions: Kart

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
I think she should skip it. She's not going to win it and she really needs her shoulder properly healed for grass.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
If she does play the French she will be setting herself up for a terrible early round knock out. She'll back on grass.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts

·
Rena's Army
35,201 Posts
agreed but even then if her shoulder isn't fully healed she'll just be hitting really hard and hurting her shoulder more which won't bode well for her defending her US Open title

·
Registered
12,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the draw wont be adversly affected by her withdrawal since she is not the same force on clay

·
Registered
372 Posts
I agree, it's better for Maria to withdraw from RG than playing with the shoulder injury.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm hoping that she doesn't withdraw because I want her in Hingis's quarter. :devil:
yeah sure as if they would actually make the quarterfinal:tape: ;)

Well if she isnt ready to play in RG she shouldnt. I want her back badly but her health is more important.

·
Banned
14,999 Posts
she shouldn't play it unless she wants to lost 1R. and i said this b/c i care about her. no more shameful result for Masha this year! :(

1 - 20 of 75 Posts