Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former President Bush to lead Olympic delegation

July 15, 2004

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush's father, former President George H.W. Bush, will lead the U.S. delegation at next month's Athens Olympics.

White House press secretary Scott McClellan on Thursday said the delegation for the Aug. 13-29 games also will include Barbara Bush, the president's mother, and the president's twin daughters, Barbara and Jenna Bush.

Others named to the delegation are: tennis star Chris Evert; Thomas Miller, the U.S. ambassador to Greece; Alex Spanos, the owner of the San Diego Chargers who has helped raise millions of dollars for the president; and Spanos' wife, Faye.

Updated on Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 2:12 pm EDT

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/oly/news?slug=ap-bush-delegation&prov=ap&type=lgns

---------------------------

So I'm assuming she's a Republican and a Bush supporter?

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
:wavey: Hi Sam.

Yes, for a long time now. She and King George I have been tight for years. Not sure how close she is to King George II, but I'm sure she's active in the GOP push to get him re-ordaned.

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Athenaeum said:
:wavey: Hi Sam.

Yes, for a long time now. She and King George I have been tight for years. Not sure how close she is to King George II, but I'm sure she's active in the GOP push to get him re-ordaned.
Hey! :)

I didn't know that. Thanks.

Actually, I'm not as angry as the title of this thread may suggest, just for your and others info. ;)

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
I have always loved Chris. She was my first favorite player and I started being interested in tennis because of her. If she supports Bush it is her decision and her political opinion. I don`t understand why you are mad at her just because of that. I mean, you don`t have to agree to everything a person does to like him/her.

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GermanBoy said:
I have always loved Chris. She was my first favorite player and I started being interested in tennis because of her. If she supports Bush it is her decision and her political opinion. I don`t understand why you are mad at her just because of that. I mean, you don`t have to agree to everything a person does to like him/her.
Like I said, "Actually, I'm not as angry as the title of this thread may suggest, just for your and others info."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts