11,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002-09-23 Leipzig Indoor Carpet R16 Kim Clijsters (BEL) 6-4 6-2

Total: Kim Clijsters (BEL) leads 1:0
Clay: Tied 0:0

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Im going with three sets... Kim wins......

6-4 2-6 8-6 (I think the third is going to be a tight one).....

We'll see!!!

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,284 Posts
Why shouldn't Petrova win ?

Kim is the top fav but that urges her to dominate the match.
Patience will win once again. Nadia in three,

Best of luck both girls. :D

·
♥ All-American Reject
19,132 Posts
I think Nadia will upset Kim.

Nadia def. Kim 7-6(3), 4-6, 7-5

Reactions: selesfan

·
Registered
15,747 Posts
i hope its a good match
but i think kim will be too strong

·
Registered
24,193 Posts
i think nadia has what it takes, definitely. plus, i don't see her backing down against clijsters. NO OFFENSE TO KIM WHATSOEVER, but i think monica and jenn are fiercer competitors in that they are the some of the meanest on court players for youngsters to face. plus, petrova KNOWS that kim has a lot riding on this match, and neither has won a slam.

kim's consistency can win her the match. i cannot say who hits their groundstrokes harder, since everyone has been stricken with nadia power fever and kim hits a very heavy ball. nadia has the serve edge, and i have not seen enough of nadia's return to make a call there. i'll give that edge to kim bc shes an awesome returner. here i go with my own espn stats

kim nadia
mental = = experience vs current results
strength - +
serve - +
footspeed + -
return + -

looks like one heck of a match to me...

·
Banned
3,823 Posts
I think Kim will win, but I'm pulling for Nadia with everything I got. She beat the ***** that outlasted my baby! VAMOS NADIA!

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Nadia has chances to win her.... is so fit and focused on it

Go babe!!!!!!!! :)

Reactions: selesfan

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
The match could go either way but mostly in favor of Kim. However, if Kim falls asleep like she did in the first set of her match with Maggie, by the time she wakes up, the match will be over.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I wouldn't bet a cent on the chances of Petrova.

The only one who has beaten Kim this year before she reached a final was Serena (and even this was not that easy - look at what happened at the AUS Open).

She has lost 2 matches against lower ranked players, Ai and Justine, and in both matches she had match points.

How people can predict that she will lose in 2 short sets is completely ridiculous. There is an enormous difference between Capriati, Seles, Zvonareva and the top 3-4.

The combined success this year of the Belgians against Seles, Capriati, Davenport, Mauresmo is 9-0, so I wonder how someone can be convinced that Kim will lose.

Petrova plays just like Kim does. She tries to take a lot of risks and she hits the ball hard. That is something Kim really adores. Kim and her trainer both told that the way Petrova plays suits Kim.

Players like Dokic, Hantuchova, Davenport and other players also hit a mean flat ball, but now they are getting slaughtered by Kim. Kim is much faster and moves a lot better. Her fierce groundstrokes are very difficult to handle and she mixes it up with drop shots and hitting angles. Her backhand is a lot better than that of Petrova, so she has more options than Petrova.

The bookies also don't believe she's got a chance. Petrova is now at 22/1 to win RG. Kim is at 2,2/1 (Serena : 1,35/1 and Justine : 5/1).

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Good luck Kim!!!!!!!!! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Komaan Kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
i'm pulling for petrova. what a tournament she's having. as i would love for her to win, i do think that Kim will win, with some ease, but not a sinch for her to win it. as long as it's a good, entertaining match, i'll be satisfied

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
on the day, it doesnt matter how many times kim lost this year, who she lost to and who she beat. every match is different and every match can be lost...the one who has the better day will win. simple as that.

petrova 6-2 3-6 6-4

1 - 20 of 21 Posts