Tennis Forum banner

781 - 800 of 817 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Nobody is ever gonna brainwash me that a 17-year-old boy/man was "traumatized" after having sex with a desirable adult female. That man was simply looking to shakedown someone for cash. I'd say 16 is a reasonable age of consent for males. A woman cannot molest a 17-year-old guy except he's mentally handicapped.

That said, Argento has made a complete fool of herself really. Funny how people are so strong in their convictions about how accusations should equal conviction: until it happens to them or someone close to them. I remember a funny story I read (I think in Daily Beast) where a lady who spent a lot of time looking to get all boys accused of campus sexual assault expelled summarily with little due process was forced to re-examine her convictions when her own son became the accused in one such case.

·
Registered
25,043 Posts
I always don't understand why people love to take photos of their "crimes" or those sex photos. How foolish or shall I say, they are sick and narcisistic?

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
I always don't understand why people love to take photos of their "crimes" or those sex photos. How foolish or shall I say, they are sick and narcisistic?
In this case that's not what happened. Also some people probably don't realize that they're committing a crime.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Former head of the CDC was arrested and charged with forcible touching, sex abuse and harassment on Friday.

----
The alleged incident as reported is that while a woman was at his apartment he squeezed her butt. If that's all that transpired then :facepalm: and SMH at this very real "witch hunt."
If the authorities have evidence he did it or corroborating testimony, it's hardly a witch hunt. And squeezing someone's butt is sexual assault. It shouldn't be taken lightly.

·
Registered
52,288 Posts

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
If the authorities have evidence he did it or corroborating testimony, it's hardly a witch hunt. And squeezing someone's butt is sexual assault. It shouldn't be taken lightly.
Obviously you're not the only one who sees it that way. I don't. I think that's nonsense. The buttocks are not sexual organs. Nor, as can be seen by people at any beach, are they even something that has to be legally covered.

SMH. And Westerners mock Muslims for considering just about any/all physical contact an assault.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
It's not okay for someone to do that. This happened to me at school once... Groping someone is assault! :rolleyes:
As I learned the word groping it didn't refer to squeezing cheeks. But I'm not opposing the new Puritanism just sharing my opinion. Is it okay? Depends on the context. Is it something that I agree should be a crime? Definitely not. Not by itself.

It happened to you . . once? :lol: I couldn't count the amount of times I've had my butt squeezed, by women and men. But then I used to club many nights a week. Interestingly I never did it to anyone. Just never crossed my mind.

Anyway . . Not. A. Big. Deal! To me. I get that it is in the new Puritanism. It's ironic that many Westerners mock Muslims for taking it to where our societies are headed - any and all physical contact is a violation.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Obviously you're not the only one who sees it that way. I don't. I think that's nonsense. The butt is not a sexual organ. Nor, as can be seen by people at any beach, is it even something that has to be legally covered.

SMH. And Westerners mock Muslims for considering just about any/all physical contact an assault.
The breast is not a sexual organ either. And you can pretty much hang it all out except being mandated by convention to cover the nipple. Squeezing someone's breasts is sexual assault, as is squeezing someone's ass. The butt is certainly a visually stimulating part of a woman for men an men sexualize women's butts and hips. Gripping someone's ass cheeks has a very different connotation than gripping someone's arm. So I don't quite understand your rationale.

It's fine to disagree, though I wouldn't advocate you grabbing anyone's ass. To dismiss it as "nonsense" though is rather callous. I dislike the modern rape hysteria as much as the next man, but let's not take it too far in claiming grabbing a woman's ass is not sexual assault.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Just going back to the law passed in France which would make catcalling or wolf-whistling illegal:

Here's a debate on TV on this subject. I totally agree with Liz Frazer talking a lot of common sense. Her opening line she says was flippant that she used to joke about walking round again if she didn't get a wolf-whistle when passing a building site.

Danni Levy wanting a law but saying women wouldn't report it for a one-off occurrence is living in la la land.

Good debate though. They've apparently done a poll in which the majority of women in the UK do not want a law passed that would make catcalling and wolf whistling a criminal offence.

Should Men Be Fined for Wolf-Whistling? | This Morning
Yeah, it is so surreal to me that we are having this conversation. There are certain things about human behaviour that are not socially acceptable, but that doesn't mean they need to be fined. It's like asking if we should fine people for rudeness? For eye-rolling? For swearing?

It's impossible to find one rule to fit all cases of wolf-whistling that constitute harrassment.
In Rotterdam they did make sexual harassment on the street punishable and apparently they got good results there.
They did not do a poll about it but a study showed that 8 out of 10 women in Rotterdam between the ages of 18-45 had been harassed. Not by innocent wolf-whistling construction workers but by mostly Moroccan guys making hiss sounds, walking with them annoyingly and menacingly, asking lewd questions.
Of course the difficulty was catching them in the act, so they set up an easy report system to see where the 'hot spots' were and send police there frequently.

So while it may not be possible to snuff it all out, it is possible to make certain concrete threats punishable and enforce the law.

https://nltimes.nl/2017/06/08/sexually-harassing-women-cat-calling-draw-heavy-fine-jail-time-rotterdam

·
Blighted and solo
43,907 Posts
I say the solution is to ban Moroccans then :shrug:

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Now it's Gérard Depardieu. :(

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
In Rotterdam they did make sexual harassment on the street punishable and apparently they got good results there.
They did not do a poll about it but a study showed that 8 out of 10 women in Rotterdam between the ages of 18-45 had been harassed. Not by innocent wolf-whistling construction workers but by mostly Moroccan guys making hiss sounds, walking with them annoyingly and menacingly, asking lewd questions.
Of course the difficulty was catching them in the act, so they set up an easy report system to see where the 'hot spots' were and send police there frequently.

So while it may not be possible to snuff it all out, it is possible to make certain concrete threats punishable and enforce the law.

https://nltimes.nl/2017/06/08/sexually-harassing-women-cat-calling-draw-heavy-fine-jail-time-rotterdam
The part I've put in bold is a big difference though. That behaviour is straying into the area of stalking. If you listen to what Liz Frazer said in that video - she was careful to distance herself from saying that was acceptable.

·
Registered
39,029 Posts
Dozes of 'serious' conduct complaints against Justice Brett Kavanaugh are dismissed because he was confirmed to the Supreme Court

The oversight body reviewing complaints lodged against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh said Tuesday that the allegations against the former federal ...

CNBC - today

Federal Panel Of Judges Dismisses All 83 Ethics Complaints Against Brett Kavanaugh

The judges acknowledged that the complaints are "serious" but noted there is no existing authority for lower court judges to hold Supreme Court justices ...

NPR - today

Corrupt. :|

·
Registered
3,023 Posts

781 - 800 of 817 Posts