Tennis Forum banner

761 - 780 of 819 Posts

·
Registered
29,584 Posts
You know, normally I wouldn't give a shit. I approve of consensual younger-older sexual relationships. I had been with lots of older men before I turned 18. It benefits everyone involved.

But given who Asia Argento is, I say Good Riddance and may she finally taste her own medicine. I hope she finally sees how vile and hateful her "activism" has been.

·
Registered
52,300 Posts
How can she not know how old he was at the time of the incident... ? She did a movie with him when he was a child, a freaking child! :tape:

edit: anyhow, that male actor also sounds shady... :eek:

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
How can she not know how old he was at the time of the incident... ? She did a movie with him when he was a child, a freaking child! :tape:

edit: anyhow, that male actor also sounds shady... :eek:
I think the age thing is about the legality of being with a 17 yr old. The law changes state to state, country to country. So, 17 is fully legal in some places, kinda legal in some places, illegal in some places.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
I doubt that actors automatically make note of each other's ages.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
I think the age thing is about the legality of being with a 17 yr old. The law changes state to state, country to country. So, 17 is fully legal in some places, kinda legal in some places, illegal in some places.
And also:

The age of consent in Italy is 14 years, with a close-in-age exception that allows those aged 13 to engage in sexual activity with partners who are under the age of 18, provided that the age gap between them is less than 3 years.

·
Registered
52,300 Posts
I doubt that actors automatically make note of each other's ages.
Yeah ok. She forgot she worked with him as a child? That she's 20 years older? Suuuuure, pov... :SNE:

·
Registered
52,300 Posts
He looks so unhappy. Traumatized even. :haha:
That's what partly makes his accusation so shady. :eek:h:
I guess he feels now that he was abused but didn't realize it at the time. But that argument could work for toddlers or children who were tricked into playing doctor, not for teens imo.

·
Registered
29,584 Posts
That's what partly makes his accusation so shady. :eek:h:
I guess he feels now that he was abused but didn't realize it at the time. But that argument could work for toddlers or children who were tricked into playing doctor, not for teens imo.
There are women who realized only decades later they were abused when they were in their 20s or 30s. So it's definitely very real. Since we believe in equality between sexes, we need to believe this guy too, even more so because he was a 17 year old child.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Yeah ok. She forgot she worked with him as a child? That she's 20 years older? Suuuuure, pov... :SNE:
:facepalm: Once again . I don't think actors automatically make note of the ages of other actors. Unless she did that she wouldn't know she was 20 years older. If he'd been 9 at the time then he'd have been 19 when whatever happened happened.

Still - even if he was, say 11, then I think it's creepy that she'd hookup with someone she knew as a child.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
There are women who realized only decades later they were abused when they were in their 20s or 30s. So it's definitely very real. Since we believe in equality between sexes, we need to believe this guy too, even more so because he was a 17 year old child.
That's different. And some of those women weren't abused in any meaningful sense of the word. They were into it at the time and then as time passed decided they weren't. Sometimes that shift is unintentional. Human memory around emotional issues is far from exact. We see the opposite often with people who left a relationship because it sucked yet years later they recall the relationship as being "good."

·
Registered
29,584 Posts
That's different. And some of those women weren't abused in any meaningful sense of the word. They were into it at the time and then as time passed decided they weren't. Sometimes that shift is unintentional. Human memory around emotional issues is far from exact. We see the opposite often with people who left a relationship because it sucked yet years later they recall the relationship as being "good."
I was being sarcastic.

·
Blighted and solo
43,915 Posts
Fucking bullshit.

·
Registered
46,444 Posts
He looks so unhappy. Traumatized even. :haha:
"That photo depicts nothing of a sexual nature. We had just baked cookies and he was taking them out of the oven and his shirt caught fire (hence our red faces), so I heroically ripped by shirt off and suffocated the fire. In the process, my bra fell off. We collapsed in exhaustion on the bed, in which there was only one pillow to share. He decided to commemorate the near-death experience with a selfie." - AA

·
Blighted and solo
43,915 Posts
Asia Argento sounds like a horrible person. That being said, I wasn't in the hotel room and can't say what happened. I do think it's odd how the AOC varies so much from place to place.

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,475 Posts
In other words, it's a perfect situation for the #MeToo witch hunt :lol: It's only what he said, she said that matters and some emotional block bullshit :eek:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Just going back to the law passed in France which would make catcalling or wolf-whistling illegal:

Here's a debate on TV on this subject. I totally agree with Liz Frazer talking a lot of common sense. Her opening line she says was flippant that she used to joke about walking round again if she didn't get a wolf-whistle when passing a building site.

Danni Levy wanting a law but saying women wouldn't report it for a one-off occurrence is living in la la land.

Good debate though. They've apparently done a poll in which the majority of women in the UK do not want a law passed that would make catcalling and wolf whistling a criminal offence.

·
Registered
29,584 Posts
Yeah, it is so surreal to me that we are having this conversation. There are certain things about human behaviour that are not socially acceptable, but that doesn't mean they need to be fined. It's like asking if we should fine people for rudeness? For eye-rolling? For swearing?

It's impossible to find one rule to fit all cases of wolf-whistling that constitute harrassment.

761 - 780 of 819 Posts