Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 825 Posts

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Re: Harvey Weinstein Charged with Harassment, Rape, Abuse, etc.

Took the obamas five days to respond. Still waiting for the clintons actual response.

IF this were a right winger they’d reply that Same day.
Possible but doubtful. Either way, yes people do tend to more readily point out the failings of those in the "other party." The point is not if it takes them a week or two or three to respond with integrity. The point is whether or not they get there. In that respect liberals in this and almost all issues outshine Trumpists.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts

Took the obamas five days to respond. Still waiting for the clintons actual response.

IF this were a right winger they’d reply that Same day.
Give me a break, if this were a right winger there'd be a PI right now on every single of those women looking for dirt to discredit them. And need I remind you who is president of the United States?

Btw Clinton has denounced him too.

·
Registered
31,647 Posts

What is wrong with the USA that you all you do is judge everything on left or right wing, democrats or republicans?

Sexual abuse of men, women and children is not a political orientation, it´s a crime. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,572 Posts

He’s in “therapy” at a nice Europeans resort. He insisted on keeping his cell phone.

What trump said vs what HArvey did are two dif things.

·
Trainwreck
58,142 Posts

"There is no such thing as the patriarchy or rape culture! :SNE:"

Some people I just... ugh :facepalm:
Are female producers or casting directors not at liberty to proposition male actors either? I'm skepical this is really a 'patriarchy' thing, it's just a power-in-general thing.

·
Trainwreck
58,142 Posts

He’s in “therapy” at a nice Europeans resort. He insisted on keeping his cell phone.

IDK if Trump's ever sexually assaulted someone, but now we have Harvey actually caught who many of the actors/actresses preaching about politics wherever they could for the past year or so protected with their silence for years and years just to help their careers :rolleyes::lol:. As someone really sick of the very forced mixing of entertainment and politics in recent times, this is a perfect situation TBH :lol:.

·
Registered
37,484 Posts

Are female producers or casting directors not at liberty to proposition male actors either? I'm skepical this is really a 'patriarchy' thing, it's just a power-in-general thing.
Are women not "at liberty" to rape men either? Yes, they are. And yet 99% of rapes are commited by men.

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts

I'm skeptical of it being 99%. Men definitely wouldn't report as much and wouldn't always be taken as seriously if they did :shrug:. And women to successfully rape a man would probably have to somehow subdue him first which adds a complication men obviously don't have often-times. It certainly doesn't mean only 1% of women have the wish or mental capacity, it's just less physically difficult for men so of course it's tilted towards men.

How often do we hear about female-on-male domestic violence? Almost never, and yet it's a lot closer to 50-50 than society norms would indicate.

You do have a point there. A few weeks ago I read an article about school teachers and sexual misconduct. Interestingly, when police profile photos were taken, many of the female teachers were smiling. Further, while both genders engaged in similar crimes, the men were charged with felony rape while the women were generally charged with misdemeanor misconduct. Naturally, this skews the crime stats.

·
Registered
37,484 Posts

I'm skeptical of it being 99%. Men definitely wouldn't report as much and wouldn't always be taken as seriously if they did :shrug:. And women to successfully rape a man would probably have to somehow subdue him first which adds a complication men obviously don't have often-times. It certainly doesn't mean only 1% of women have the wish or mental capacity, it's just less physically difficult for men so of course it's tilted towards men.
No way that's the only reason why the percentage is like that. It's way easier to coerce someone with weapons or drugs than just with mere physical strength.

How often do we hear about female-on-male domestic violence? Almost never, and yet it's a lot closer to 50-50 than society norms would indicate.
Because it's emasculating. If society wasn't sexist then that wouldn't happen. And I really, really doubt it's close to 50-50 despite the stigma associated with female-on-male domestic violence.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts

Trolls at 4chan are saying that Fappening (famous leak of nude photos of Hollywood actresses) actually originated from stolen Weinstein phone and were part of their "auditions".

·
Premium Member
104,623 Posts

Bob Weinstein Gets Emotional on "Depraved" Harvey, Saving the Company and His "Waking Nightmare" (Exclusive) | Hollywood Reporter

The Weinstein Co. exec insists he had no idea about "the type of predator that he was" and is sickened by Harvey’s seeming lack of remorse. "I want him to get the justice that he deserves."
I just don't believe a word from this guy :hysteric:
Bob leaked the news and made Harvey now a pariah, and now he has all the power. Why not?

·
Registered
448 Posts

Given how big a story it is, I was surprised this didn't already have its own thread. As Samantha Bee said, Weinstein is likely just the tip of the douche-berg

The original piece that broke the story:

Harvey Weinstein is a symptom, but what is the deeper problem? (Opinion) - CNN
I guess the deeper problem is a level of acceptance of this behavior from society. After all, President Trump was elected despite having bragged about groping women.

·
Registered
31,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

·
Registered
32,778 Posts

They're both dogs so now what.

·
Registered
32,778 Posts
41 - 60 of 825 Posts