Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The girl can hardly move, I will be surprised if she wins any more than 4 games. This is so unlike her to play when she is carrying an injury in a tourny that is not so big.

·
Registered
24,843 Posts
The only things I can think of are appearance bonuses and the idea that she would have "given up" the number one ranking by not attempting a run here. As we all know, Serena has a lot of pride, and I think it would be hard for her to move to number two knowing that she had a chance to hold onto the top spot. Whether or not playing in Marbella is smart for her health is another question.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's quite bad. She's not moving at all, and if Zakopalova had just a bit more confidence on her serve it would be 6-0 right now.

I think players are not allowed to do walkovers anymore without getting suspended or something like that, I am not very sure. That might be the reason why Serena is where she is now and doing what is she doing. Tough I think they can retire in middle of match.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Klara is playing really good, and Serena is crap, just crap, I know clay isn't her best surface but this is just pathetic. It's understandeable that she wants the top ranking, but she is risking her body!

I can't understand how there's livestream for Marbella first round and I couldn't see Miami SF.

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,176 Posts
I'm at school unless you know a very good and impossible to find ***** I wont be able to watch it:sad:

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
She is trying at least!

that's not a tanking ala Patty or a quitting ala Henin

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,176 Posts
But I mean she was able to play agianst Azarenka why isnt she against Zakopaloshit???

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
But if she withdrew, wouldnt most posters say she never even intended to play in the first place? :confused:

Anyway, she is doing her best. One legged Ree isnt much of a match for any player on her weakest surface though.

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
It will be very difficult for Serena to win RG this year

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
But I mean she was able to play agianst Azarenka why isnt she against Zakopaloshit???
She made it worse playing Azarenka.
Serena has won 4 games.
In one set. The same number she won in a whole match in the Miami final.

She's trying. She's fulfilling an obligation. She acting like Serena. She CAN play, so she's playing.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts