Tennis Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Rena's Army
35,204 Posts
no I'm not....I don't think you can say NO pressure.....damn because she is Venus Williams she had pressure....I'm done :D

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
no I'm not....I don't think you can say NO pressure.....damn because she is Venus Williams she had pressure....I'm done :D
You are done... and you are wrong!

Venus is a professional and multiple GS champ so that match, I'm sorry didn't cause her to be just a little bit nervous or tense. That's why she played so well... I'm not saying she can't do it against top players but it's 100% tougher to do it because you know that if you don't, you won't win...

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
no pressure whatsoever...come on, the tie wasn't even in play..otherwise this girl wouldn't even be playing against Venus.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Venus used to be one of the most mentally tough, if not the most mentally tough player on the tour. I hope she can get that ice water in the veins back.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I give speeches all the time. But rather I am talking to a group of 50 or 500, I am always a little nervous, even though: I've done it a million times before, I really enjoy it, and know what works and doesn't work in almost every situation. I also expect to get the laugh or draw the audience in with specific antedotes and stories or have lots of people ask questions.

I start every speech with the weight of expectation I have for myself and the expectation from the audience, who are expecting that I have something to say that is worth their time listening to.

No matter what the scenario, every professional (particularly those with high standards for themselves) always expects that each time they display their skill they do it in a way that affirms their place in their profession. Every professional, I think, has that pressure no matter what the conditions.

Still, my sense on this board (and probably in the world of those that follow tennis regularly) is that if Venus isn't serving 90% consistently, hitting 10 aces per match, winning every match convincingly and quickly, she has underperformed no matter who is on the other side of the match. The sista can't catch a break, no matter what.

So, because it doesn't hurt to say without any caveats, I'll join at least some of the chorus of this thread and say: Congrats Venus. Good match! :lol:

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
guys...
are we forgetting that this is clay...
she goes for the power shots on her serve..
seldom goes for the slice...

i mean...
i expect better things to come for her on hard surfaces...
but good things would come on clay...

like she always say.. patience...
summers just a month away...

·
Banned
189 Posts
You're joking, right? This was a dead rubber against a 17-year-old kid ranked #422. Venus will never, repeat, NEVER have less pressure on her in a tennis match as long as she lives.
i'll give you that. but you and anti venus fan's better hope and pray her game dont start to dial in, because i think your fav's will start to lose often.., even serena. so just talk about her like yall do and just wait and see.:worship:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts