Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,384 Posts
Her first round opponents will be her warm up practice and she could play doubles up to the quarters. I believe this should be enough.:devil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,741 Posts
tennisIlove09 said:
She hasn't officially entered yet, and Yahoo is saying she's out until the US Open
It's not like the Williams sisters have always prepared for tournaments before they won. Venus almost had no preparation for Wimby 2000. Not much tournament play anyway. If anyone will make Serena pay for little preparation it will be Venus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Knizzle said:
It's not like the Williams sisters have always prepared for tournaments before they won. Venus almost had no preparation for Wimby 2000. Not much tournament play anyway. If anyone will make Serena pay for little preparation it will be Venus.
yea...but Serena seems to struggle more with long lay offs. I think of the Australian. She played terrible the entire event, except for the finals. She still won...but I get the feeling players aren't as intimidated as they were in January.

I dunno. I just have a bad feeling. I hope she's healthy for the Open
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,741 Posts
tennisIlove09 said:
yea...but Serena seems to struggle more with long lay offs. I think of the Australian. She played terrible the entire event, except for the finals. She still won...but I get the feeling players aren't as intimidated as they were in January.

I dunno. I just have a bad feeling. I hope she's healthy for the Open
Actually I have had this bad feeling also, but it was about the Acura. I couldn't get it out of my head that Serena was going to be upset at that tournament. But at the US Open I think she will be ready.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Knizzle said:
Actually I have had this bad feeling also, but it was about the Acura. I couldn't get it out of my head that Serena was going to be upset at that tournament. But at the US Open I think she will be ready.
You have more faith then I do. It will be odd having Serena not the #1 seed either.

Hopefully Venus is healthy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,741 Posts
tennisIlove09 said:
You have more faith then I do. It will be odd having Serena not the #1 seed either.

Hopefully Venus is healthy.

More quality points for Venus if she beats #1 Kim, so it's all good. I think Venus is going on a tear if she is healthy. Look out Toronto and the US Open and Moscow, and the tour championships Venus is coming for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,731 Posts
Its going to be really hard, but she can defend the open if she has a cakewalk draw through to the third round, that should be enough for her to ger back into winning form. But if she got someone who aint seeded but tough, things could be difficult for her.

But you can never doubt Serena
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,318 Posts
Even though I'm not a big Serena fan, I still say she has the best chance of winning the US Open. She has shown us what she is capable of doing the last couple of years. Warm up or not, she can still win.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,432 Posts
It's not ideal but she's probably still the fave ... PROVIDED that she can practice even if she can't play matches. If the injury is too serious for her to practice much then she's in trouble.

I agree she can probably warm up for about 3 rounds (as long as she doesn't draw Mme Emilie Loit!).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,165 Posts
With Kim burnt out thanks to her scheduling(4 tournaments-singles and doubles), Venus still returning from injury, Serena should really cruise to US Open title #3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,384 Posts
hingis-seles said:
With Kim burnt out thanks to her scheduling(4 tournaments-singles and doubles), Venus still returning from injury, Serena should really cruise to US Open title #3.
...and not to mention the bad luck that Lleyton is bringing to Kim plus the "energy" he's taking away from Kim.:devil:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,628 Posts
Didn't Serena only played L.A. last year ( exited with a loss to chanda at the quarters) before the USO? So, the only difference b/n last years preparation and this years is just three matches. Besides, She had the best hardcourt player in the tour as her practice partner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,731 Posts
SerenaJWilliams said:
she hardly played HC last year and still didnt drop a set
True but she had a tough match against Chanda, which meant she knew she had to buck her ideas up. Which she did, in only three matches, did she drop more then three games in a set. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,470 Posts
hingis-seles said:
With Kim burnt out thanks to her scheduling(4 tournaments-singles and doubles), Venus still returning from injury, Serena should really cruise to US Open title #3.
Isn't she playing Stanford, San Diego & Montreal?
And she didn't play doubles in Stanford, right?
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top