Tennis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
2,109 Posts
I know it's probably impossible to write without bias but Werthless is a little TOO biased. Players he doesn't like, he puts them down whenever possible and dumbs down their results. Player he loves, he overexaggerates about them. An example would be in his book where he claims Anna K got to #8 in 2000 by playing smaller tournaments and then he goes on to talk about Lisa Raymond's "incredible" run to the Wimbledon quarterfinals. For the record though, out of 26 events Anna played in 2000, she only played one Tier III, the rest were Tier II, Tier I, Grand Slams and the year-end champs. Had one of his favorites given Anna's 2000 performance, it would have been commended. Then, if you look at who Lisa Raymond had to beat to get to the Wimbledon quarterfinal... Jana Nejedly, Jana Kandarr, Sonya Jeyaseelan, Olga Barabanschikova.. neither ranked in the top 50 at the time. Had Anna (or any of the players he dislikes) done this, he would have pointed this out right away.

So, in short, I understand there will be bias by a tennis columnist to a certain extent, but I feel it's not acceptable when he dumbs down one's results, and blows up another's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.