China Open, Beijing
WTA Championships, Singapore

Doubles

Wimbledon
US Open

Mixed Doubles

Australian Open
French Open
I think Serena will want to ease into it so might skip Dubai but can see her playing the other events.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Re: Serena's 2018 schedule

Lol no way in hell Serena remotely cares for the Mixed doubles titles when she's going for Courts record. Maybe, just maybe, she'll do it at the very end of her career for the fun of it, but not now or anytime soon.

·
Registered
338 Posts

IF she does indeed come back in time to defend in January, I think she'll have some sort of warm up. If she isn't ready for the AO, then I'll predict she comes back in Miami.

Brisbane/Hopman Cup/Exhibitions
AO

Miami

Madrid
Rome
RG

SW19

Montreal
Cincinnati
USO

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

IF she does indeed come back in time to defend in January, I think she'll have some sort of warm up. If she isn't ready for the AO, then I'll predict she comes back in Miami.

Brisbane/Hopman Cup/Exhibitions
AO

Miami

Madrid
Rome
RG

SW19

Montreal
Cincinnati
USO

Indian Wells would be ideal to return

·
Registered
1,502 Posts

Miami, Rome, FO, W, Cincinnati, USO
I could definitely see this being the schedule, as it gives her warmups where needed. If those reports of her having a c-section are true, then I feel it's doable to have her return just shift to Miami.

·
Amateur Volleyer
32,006 Posts

I don't see a scenario where she comes back for Miami. She'll definitely aim for IW if she isn't ready for Melbourne.

Next year might actually be a suitable time to attempt AO mixed, in all seriousness. Especially if she doesn't play an AO warmup.

My guess is:
(AO?)
IW
Miami
(possibly Charleston on the slim chance that she's struggling and very low on matches)
Rome
RG
Wimbledon
Stanford
Cincinnati walkover
USO
YEC

·
Registered
1,502 Posts

Oh, I'd forgotten the new home base will be San Fran after this fall. I could see it being IW, then, both for that reason and the fact it's so close in the schedule to Miami. If she can play the latter then she'll definitely play the former. AO would be amazing if at all possible, though.

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,170 Posts

If she aims for AO return

Hopman Cup (more matches and more relaxed setting is a wise choice)
Australian Open
IW
Miami
Madrid (meh)
Rome
RG
Wimbledon
Montreal
Cincy
USO
YEC

·
Amateur Volleyer
32,006 Posts

Kinda vague, but the AO just had its launch party and we got a tiny bit of info from it:

It sounds like a soft confirmation that she'll be on the entry list, at least. Whether or not she plays will probably be determined in mid December... :unsure:

And re: a possible AO warmup, she isn't in the Hopman Cup field. Venus committed to Sydney, so my guess is that Serena will join her there if she decides to play a warmup. I'm not expecting her to play one though.

·
Registered
14,632 Posts

IF Serena had a C-section as it's being alleged, there's no way she'll be back at full strength in January 2018. If she didn't have a C-section, then maybe they'll be a chance for her to turn up at the AO Open in 2018, but even still---Serena and camp knows that she shouldn't rush back. She seems super happy and enjoying her family (AO, Alexis, Chip etc.), as she makes her way back to the WTA as NewMamaRena.

·
Premium Member
20,199 Posts

Kinda vague, but the AO just had its launch party and we got a tiny bit of info from it:

It sounds like a soft confirmation that she'll be on the entry list, at least. Whether or not she plays will probably be determined in mid December... :unsure:

And re: a possible AO warmup, she isn't in the Hopman Cup field. Venus committed to Sydney, so my guess is that Serena will join her there if she decides to play a warmup. I'm not expecting her to play one though.
SCREAMING at that name list. Two hilariously notable absences. I'm sorry for you sis :hug:

But the orphans must be reeling seeing her left off...but but she's so relevant! :lol:

I feel like AO is pushing it for her but then she's looking super fit and ready so who knows?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

Serena is gonna be hungry af. Baby or not, she sees the state of the tour and she loves to prove people wrong. Not seeing #1 by her her name when she returns is going to drive her. Hell, is Venus could make almost three slam finals this year Serena should be fine.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts

That's not realistic. She hasn't played that many events in years, no way she will now that she has a baby. You can cross off the list Dubai, one of IW/Miami, one of Madrid/Rome, one of Cincinnati/Toronto and probably both Beijing and the YEC.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts

Honestly wish Patrick had shut his mouth and never mentioned anything about Australia way back when. Too much pressure with the timing and hopes of a tournament to have an anniversary return.

With a baby and husband, tennis will have to fit into Serena’s new life.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts