Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
She'll lose her AO points and she'll be unranked. But she'll have a protected ranking that she can use to enter events.

·
Registered
84,934 Posts
She'll lose her AO points and she'll be unranked. But she'll have a protected ranking that she can use to enter events.
She won´t need a PR..she is allowed to take unlimited WC´s.

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,176 Posts
"According to all the aforesaid rulings, the Special Ranking will be the ranking earned immediately after the points of the last tournament the player played have been added to the WTA Rankings
-For Serena Williams, her Special Ranking would be No.1
-For Victoria Azarenka, her Special Ranking is No.6

Upon return, a player may use her WTA Special Ranking to gain entry (not for seeding) into eight tournaments within one year of her return date. The Special Ranking can be used at a maximum of two Premier Mandatory Tournaments (Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid, Beijing) and two Grand Slams.

In addition, any player who is a past singles champion of a Grand Slam or WTA Finals will be allowed an unlimited number of Singles Main Draw Wild Card nominations."

How WTA Special Ranking can help Serena and Azarenka | Sports That

It was on the WTA website as well at one point.

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,176 Posts
So Serena would be seeded #22 for AO.
If she doesn't play AO ... whatever tournament she enters she'll be #1 on the entry list but won't be seeded. Brutal haha.

·
Registered
564 Posts
So Serena would be seeded #22 for AO.
If she doesn't play AO ... whatever tournament she enters she'll be #1 on the entry list but won't be seeded. Brutal haha.
Hope she snatches everyone’s wigs a la 2011 US Open summer coming back from injury. I’d like to forget that US Open 2011 final to French Open 2012 stretch that followed that amazing comeback, but it did ultimately make her stronger! Oh my god if she starts taking lives from round 1 Australian Open 2018, that would be so YASSSSS and give me so much life, but I’m just hopeful that she’ll make it to Australia first of all. I miss her SO much. 2017 would have been great but Venus faltered in the biggest moments, so the whole year was BLAH.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts