Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I can't with the hysteria. Especially from those who masquerade as her fans. She explicitly said that this year was NOT the goal (next year was). She played two whole tournaments,lost her first match in Miami and pulled out of clay and suddenly 2018 is going to be slamless and she isn't passing Court's record?

You do realize that Federer lost his first match in Miami and subsequently pulled out of clay and everyone thinks he's a lock to win Wimbledon?

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,176 Posts
I can't with the hysteria. Especially from those who masquerade as her fans. She explicitly said that this year was NOT the goal (next year was). She played two whole tournaments,lost her first match in Miami and pulled out of clay and suddenly 2018 is going to be slamless and she isn't passing Court's record?

You do realize that Federer lost his first match in Miami and subsequently pulled out of clay and everyone thinks he's a lock to win Wimbledon?
Yes but Fed did come off a streak of like 20 straight matches won and was in far better shape than Serena is right now. But yeah I get your point ;)

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,176 Posts
Btw this girl Veronique.rarchaert posted a lot of videos of Serena's practices at the Mouratouglou Academy lately...

I have to be honest Serena appears SUPER static on these videos (barely moving side to side) and while some recent pictures suggested she was in hell of shape...other pics suggest she still has a LOT to go. Anyways praying for ReeRee to be healthy and back on the court soon <3

·
Registered
159 Posts
Jarmere was there the first day, but now he’s back in the US. In the other videos, it’s young players of the academy who hit with Serena.
Weird.

·
Registered
17,700 Posts
Mouratoglou did say she was playing and she is a contender for the title given her form

·
Premium Member
19,674 Posts
Mouratoglou did say she was playing and she is a contender for the title given her form
I saw Parick's comments on Yahoo and I wish Patrick would shut up and stop putting unnecessary pressure on Serena. She will go into the French with no warm up and their are other players who are better prepared.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Yes!

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
The weight is continuing to come OFF :worship:

I'm very impressed with ha strokes :inlove:

Her serve, can be worked on & improved.

However: Her movement :scared:

No matter, Been here for MamaRena as well for 2 decades plus :inlove:

Love ha and am here FOR MamaRena no muthafukking WHAT :hug:

**20 plus years a devoted fan. But, I'm cheating on MamaRena with Jr. :bigcry:**

Jr.'s resting on Ree's thigh--looking for all the world like she's discussing how many rounds she REALLY think's MamaRena will go during next week's FO :lol:

Jr.'s personality :inlove: And she doesn't even know how to talk yet :lol:

·
Registered
17,700 Posts
So she wasn’t given a seeding (expected) and is playing RG at 454. Well I’m hoping for a few rounds unless the draw completely falls apart

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Honestly hope she draws a big name. This bish doesn't lose against top 10 players. She loses against randos like Vinci and Razzano. When she faces one of the elites, she knows she has to rise to the challenge and does it fearlessly!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts