Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Re: Serena's 2018 Clay Court Season ( Pulls Out Of Madrid )

I'll be waiting and watching her in Rome just like I'll be watching Being Serena on HBO :dance:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts

Pulled out for what reason she is in serious need of matches her ranking will never be high enough by Wimbledon and she will be lucky to be ready by Wimbledon really bad decision not playing in Madrid.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

You realize her ranking wasn't shit in 2011 and still got seeded before the USO on the basis of basically 2 tournaments?

The goal isn't this year. It's big picture. Last year's USO Champ was in a fricking boot this time last year. She can still turn it around.

·
Registered
14,638 Posts

You realize her ranking wasn't shit in 2011 and still got seeded before the USO on the basis of basically 2 tournaments?

The goal isn't this year. It's big picture. Last year's USO Champ was in a fricking boot this time last year. She can still turn it around.
In the bolded ^^^^ :worship:

Serena's taking it slow, continuing to lose the weight, and allowing her c-section/core muscles to completely heal and get stronger. She's gearing up for the middle of 2018 and onwards into 2019. IF Serena can stay healthy and her knees hold up, she can bag the 2 singles slams she needs to pass Court. Yeah, most people with a functioning brain know that Court won many of her singles slams vs amateur players. And yeah, Serena has nothing left to prove. And yeah, Ree IS the GOAT :smoke: But I'm pretty sure that Ree (My old ass too :lol:) wants to SEE that #25 next to HER name in the record books as the WTA player with the most singles slam wins in history :smoke: Nobody's going to get to or pass Serena singles slam wins for a long time if EVER. Tennis ISN'T and will never BE the same again. You definitely have the talent out there, but with the WAY the WTA is run and the insane amount of prize monies you can win (Thanks to Vee pushing for more prize money for he ladies :cool:) if you're good enough to make good/deep runs in the various tournaments, and with the Hollywoodization of tennis, the motivation you need won't be there I'm afraid. I'm happy and proud to say that I saw most of the greats of tennis and mostly all in their PRIME, and all of the best rivalries because you won't be seeing those rivalries anymore, or players like Serena, Venus, BJK, Stephanie, Chris, Monica, Martina, Jistine, Kim, Lindsay, Hingis, Kim, Evonne, Borg, McEnroe, Connors, Becker, Edberg, Sampras, Ashe, Rafa, Nole, Ivan, Andre and Fed and even Wilander. Nastase is disgusting, but he was a very good player. I saw Court at the tail end of her career, but I could tell that she was athletic and had some decent skills etc. Notice, I didn't mention Mel, because she's a cheater with an * next to her name :eek: Man, I did love seeing Serena make a proper rug out of ha :haha:

Serena loves Jr. and Sr., loves being married and loves being HER and doing HER. But, as a women/fierce competitor, Serena's definitely motivated & going for it. She I'm sure wants to see if she can dig deep down inside of herself one mo' time. Get the last of whatever's left onto that court and leave it THERE. if you saw her on her HBO Docuseries yesterday, you saw that she could have died a 2nd time (Post child-birth). So hell yeah, coming back from nearly the DEAD 2 times, Ree's gonna fight like HELL for those 2 singles slams and for any titles she can win for Sr. & Jr., and for herself and to show that even though she's past prime she still got enough fight in her and coming back from almost knocking on Heaven's Door 2 times.

Can't you imagine Jr. in one of Ree's arm's and a singles slam in the other?

Ree has a good shot because no matter what the orphans in GM say, we see the complete MESS that is the WTA. It almost looks as bad as tRumputin's ER'THANG :rolls: The ATP almost looks that way too :lol:

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,176 Posts

I think Serena is taking her time with this comeback. I really think ... she's looking at the bigger picture here which is playing until 2020 US Open and she's using 2018 as a launching pad. I think she might win the US Open this year but wouldn't bet on it. It might be a GS less year. But who cares. I'd like to see her win 3-4 over the course of 2019-2020. And after that she can retire knowing she beat that irrelevant Margaret for good.

·
Registered
14,355 Posts

I think Serena is taking her time with this comeback. I really think ... she's looking at the bigger picture here which is playing until 2020 US Open and she's using 2018 as a launching pad. I think she might win the US Open this year but wouldn't bet on it. It might be a GS less year. But who cares. I'd like to see her win 3-4 over the course of 2019-2020. And after that she can retire knowing she beat that irrelevant Margaret for good.
It's just too surreal thinking about her retiring as if I'm in a dream and will wake up only to find out Serena is nowhere near retirement. I really don't want her to ever retire.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts

·
Registered
7,978 Posts

Wow, she looks great.

·
Registered
17,700 Posts
Re: Serena's 2018 Clay Court Season ( Rome Was Not Built In A Day )

Did she really pull out of Rome too? If so might as well skip RG and get ready for Wimbledon. She’s almost there

·
Registered
2,630 Posts

I'll be waiting and watching her in Rome just like I'll be watching Being Serena on HBO :dance:
I’m still waiting but will be watching Being Serena on HBO :dance:

If she participates in Paris, it’ll be me praying, special mantras etc. May Wimbledon prep be better :lol:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Surprise surprise yet another withdrawal guess 2018 is going to be a slamless one afterall what is the reason for the withdrawal anyway guess breaking that Grand Slam record isn't as important as we all thought.

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,176 Posts
^Calm down adamserenavenus.

What is she going to get from Rome matchplay...Honestly no parts of me felt like what caused her to lose in Miami and Indian Wells was because of lack of matchplay. Yes she did struggle a little more than usual on break points but her fighting spirit and natural instinct was all there and that's what got her to win her first two matches. I'd rather she adresses those fitness issues now to be ready sooner than later. Honestly she can go to Paris...and lose in the 2nd round for all I care. I find her result there will be highly dependant on how the draw turns out anw and honestly wouldn't be surprised if she ended up making a deep run. I mean this is arguably just as good a prep as AO 2007 ... :lol:

I believe Serena knows what's best. I'm not saying matchplay is useless...I'm just saying after 23 GS and 30+ years of tennis you sort of know how to manage a match and she has shown us just that TIMES AND TIMES by ALWAYS winning her first match back from injury.

With that being said I'm bummed out really wanted to see her play :sad: ! Hopefully she'll play the French Open. If not it'll be see you at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
^Calm down adamserenavenus.

What is she going to get from Rome matchplay...Honestly no parts of me felt like what caused her to lose in Miami and Indian Wells was because of lack of matchplay. Yes she did struggle a little more than usual on break points but her fighting spirit and natural instinct was all there and that's what got her to win her first two matches. I'd rather she adresses those fitness issues now to be ready sooner than later. Honestly she can go to Paris...and lose in the 2nd round for all I care. I find her result there will be highly dependant on how the draw turns out anw and honestly wouldn't be surprised if she ended up making a deep run. I mean this is arguably just as good a prep as AO 2007 ... :lol:

I believe Serena knows what's best. I'm not saying matchplay is useless...I'm just saying after 23 GS and 30+ years of tennis you sort of know how to manage a match and she has shown us just that TIMES AND TIMES by ALWAYS winning her first match back from injury.

With that being said I'm bummed out really wanted to see her play :sad: ! Hopefully she'll play the French Open. If not it'll be see you at Wimbledon.
Hoping she will atleast enter a warm up event before Wimbledon and it was rumoured weeks ago that she would be at the Royal Wedding if that is the reason for the withdrawal then that is just silly she needs match play that 400+ ranking will never improve if she doesn't play she seriously needs to play Doubles or Mixed at the French Open & Wimbledon to make up for lack of match play hoping 2018 isn't going to be Slamless but right now I don't think passing 24 will happen.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts