Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You heard it here first - Henin, Momo, Clijsters and Cappy are all playing better than Serena right now. And Venus will be gone before the quarters, if she even makes the trip at all.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
We heard it here first? I've been saying that for months now and many others have said it too. :rolleyes:

anyways I'd take off Cappy off your list... (just my opinion).

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Sounds like BOGUS to me!

Reactions: vs1

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Heard it first here? This is all I have been reading all day on this board.

·
Registered
959 Posts
M_pIeRcE14 said:
Heard it first here? This is all I have been reading all day on this board.
LOL! :D

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Why, who will win it...
Amelie- she ALWAYS chokes at FO.. ALWAYS... This year is no different since she will be considered one of the faves, the pressure will be huge, hell even Jelena or Daniella could beat her there easily.
Kim and Justine - They have a reasonable chance, but they haven't won one yet... both tend to choke at majors, need I give examples?
Jennifer - I like Jenny, but no way is she getting past Q I think.
Monica - No chance, her foot will not have completely have healed to stand 7 matches... and even if it did, what are the chances...
Serena or Venus will once again hold a slam trophy.
Serena has two weeks to sort out her problems... and Venus has two weeks to heal, trust me, they'll be more than ready for one of the to hold the trophy. They have been holding a Grand Slam trophy 9 out of 14 times and 6 out of 7 times.
U will be so dissapointed when they win again. Your high hopes are so very vulnarable to get trashed by the Williams Sisters.

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
I hope Jenny will win this time or an unexpected lower-ranked player.:)I have a sense that Serena may lost in QF or SF.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
17 months almost disposablehero...and who are you dissing OUR head of government Jean Chretien!?! (lol he is a dumass huh?) BUT like they say in Tennis "never say never" and also Jennifer has been in mopre than a few Tier one Finals and over a dozen semi finals...both tier 1 and grand slam (the french 02) so dont just think because she hasnt won a title in a while (long as it might seem) she stiull is the best clay court player out there with very little exceptions IF shes playing her very best tennis...lets juyst hope she does play her very best tennis GO JENNIFER!

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
I sort of get the feeling she's upset prone as well. I still think that it's hers to lose though.

I just see the 2002 Serena this year. I think she's struggled with form all year [and that's saying a lot, since she's won 3 titles--including the Aussie, and only has 2 losses], but just random matches she's been struggling.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Rebecca said:
As much as I love Justine and Amelie, Charleston(?) and Rome are not Roland Garros. Serena is currently holding 4 grand slams. As far as I'm concerned, it's her title until somebody proves that they can beat her when it matters the most.
Rebecca, I agree with you. With Venus and Serena, MOTIVATION seems to play a huge factor. I think that is another reason they play so few tourneys. It's hard to maintain motivation and focus day-in, day-out. While Serena lost to two top quality opponents this year, I think that her motivation cannot be compared in those losses than at a GS. She seems to be extra motivated to hoist up those GS trophies, and I think that makes her extra lethal at GS tournaments.

Granted, with tennis, anyone can win or lose on any given day. That is why we love it so much (or at least one of the reasons). But it's always difficult to bet against Serena. I think that she's now more motivated than ever to defend her RG title. She knows that people are suspecting her vulnerability...and she needs to step it up. I think we're going to see that.

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
vogus said:
You heard it here first - Henin, Momo, Clijsters and Cappy are all playing better than Serena right now. And Venus will be gone before the quarters, if she even makes the trip at all.
Boy I hope you don't bet you house on what you just said........better get the cardboards ready just in case you do..........

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Clijsters, Henin and Mauresmo have shown that they can beat Serena, but they haven't shown that they are mentally tough to do it in a Slam... for me, Serena is still the favourite.

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
Who knows!!

I think the matches in general throughout the
event will more competative, and longer than
previous years. Look how entertaining the AO 2003
was- the semi's with Justine vs LD, the final with
Serena vs Kim. These weren't typical cake walks
that we've all seen too many in other grand slams.

It should really be interesting considering that the
Serena didn't have that great of a clay season, and
the contenders have. What is Justine, Kim, and Amelie
really made of? What about Jen? Doesn't Monica
need it too? Clay just hasn't been good to American
tennis players this year.

I think we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
It's not something you want to sell your house for
on a dare; but if there is possible window of opportunity
it would have to be on clay in RG this year. Can't
see it happening on a quicker "ace" serve friendly
surface like grass.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
selesrules said:
We heard it here first? I've been saying that for months now and many others have said it too. :rolleyes:

anyways I'd take off Cappy off your list... (just my opinion).

We know monica doesnt even make any lists for grandslams.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
PhoenixStorm said:
We know monica doesnt even make any lists for grandslams.

I can just see it some weeks from now:
------------------------------------
Anna Kournikova vs. Monica Seles
1st round
$10K Challenger.
------------------------------------

1 - 20 of 78 Posts