Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
You read it here first. Without Kerber, Garbiñe, Ostapenko, Bencic or Osaka anymore in the draw there is really no player that can beat her left. Big part of this forum wasn't convinced of her form, but it will be enough this time and she'll tie with Maggie's record. I won't post in GM anymore until US Open.

Serena wake the fuck up and win this! Please GOD!

dumb thread. the best grass player of the decade (kvitova) is still on the draw
Don't even.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Assuming she wins against Goerges (up a set and a break, so it looks good), the match against La Carla will be a really good bellwether of where she's at. They've played 6 times and La Carla has managed just 16 games in that stretch, avoided a bagel set per match just twice, avoided a bagel or breadstick set per match just once.

It seems unlikely La Carla will be any real threat, but what happens will be demonstrative of where Serena is level-wise. After that, I'd give her even odds against Barty, favored over Riske, and even odds against Konta and Bertens, with Kvitova having a slight edge (based on Serena's occasional lefty misadventures). Any other possible SF opponent she'd be favored against.

Certainly a good chance, but a lot of roadblocks.

·
Registered
10,935 Posts
Serena will most probably reach the final, she has great draw with opponents she loves playing, but if she faces Pliskova or Kvitova in final, she can lose so we will see.
Serena is mentally more fragile these days. But if there's one slam where one should fancy her chances then it should be Wimbledon, where her serve matters the most.

·
Registered
795 Posts
dumb thread. the best grass player of the decade (kvitova) is still on the draw
Of the decade. I'm dead. At wimbledon, the only grass event that matters:

Serena 42-4 91.3% (4 titles)
Petra 31-7 81.6% (2 titles)

Sit down.

·
Registered
31,588 Posts
It's easy to forget that she got to the final just last year. Without Angie in the mix I like her chances a lot. If I were a betting man no question she'd be my pick.

·
Registered
113,561 Posts
Serena looked like the favorite today. She might still have to beat Barty and Kvitova in this half, but she looks like she can

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
There is still Petra. Can't overlook her, especially since she beat Serena who was just about to make the USO final.

·
Banned
446 Posts
Barty, Riske, Mertens, even Strycova, I don't know if Carla Suarez but if she serves well yes... Any can defeat Serena! I think you haven't watched Mertens playing for instance. She's better than Goerges in rallies, a lot better...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Of the decade. I'm dead. At wimbledon, the only grass event that matters:

Serena 42-4 91.3% (4 titles)
Petra 31-7 81.6% (2 titles)

Sit down.
A well-pointed response to that emotionally driven poster. Always posting or starting idiotic threads based on emotion. Hardly giving any sound reasoning to whatever she posts. Nothing based on numbers or player's record. The same poster that opened a thread spouting pie in the sky about Anisimova winning the FO and becoming a superstar only because she is of Russian descent and "blonde", lol!. Some warped mentality right there! If someone like that poster were to head the WTA, it is easy to see how, based on her mentality, she most definitely will be bending rules all over the place to favor certain girls because they are blonde and Russian; and not because they are actually winning anything significant. She crowned Anisimova a superstar in her dreams even though the player, by all account, is no more than anything average. Yet, in her eyes, Osaka has no superstar credentials. Those should only be reserved for blondes having no significant hardware to their name, lol!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
You are so pathetic and desperate with your jinxing. Half of your posts are about Serena. Get a life dude.

Tell me about it. He’s more obsessed with “Maggie’s record” than Serena fans are. Funny thing: he will argue you down that Fed is superior to Nadal simply because Fed has more Wimby crowns. For him, Wimby is the GOAT tourney, but when it comes to women’s tennis he’s willing to hold Maggie above Serena and everyone else due to Aussie Open crowns, regardless of the fact that multiple players have more Wimbys than Maggie. So he switches to whatever alternative logic he uses whenever Serena is concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Serena will most probably reach the final, she has great draw with opponents she loves playing, but if she faces Pliskova or Kvitova in final, she can lose so we will see.
kvitova is in her top half of the draw so they'll meet in the semifinal, and pliskova in the final, if they all reach that far. she has never lost to kvitova at wimbledon, and she was up 5-1 and had 3 match points until she turned her ankle at australian open and had a massive choke that done her in. she's not gonna let that happen again.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Winning against her pigeon Goerges who is 0-3 against her in slams post birth and had zero break points :facepalm: today means nothing. Much better players than Goerges are still in the draw. But NID that after 3 easy rounds someone was gonna open that thread.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
Kvitova is in the same half but not the same quarter so they'd meet in SF.
Yeah, you're right, I forgot about it.

21 - 40 of 134 Posts