Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
The one thing that I don’t like in this whole Serena Maria drama from serena is the fact that she is the one that started it . Maria has always been condescending and arrogant and I can see how she could be annoying . Straight up rude to your face ? Sometimes , but not to Serena . Until Wimbledon 2013 where we know what happened . And she was the one that threw the first punch . After Maria published her book , I can see why Serena would be mad at some comments ( specifically the one where she started crying or when she said she taunted her with the wedding ring comment ) , but she took it a step further when she played her at 2019 us open and her husband wore that T shirt .
At the end of the day , Maria was scared shitless when playing Serena , because she knew she had no weapons against her . But, just like Serena says all the players raise their games when they play against her ( wrong for most of them ) , Serena always raised her game when it came to Maria . And even if she doesn’t want to admit it , there was some jealousy involved there ( and i’d Say as it should , considering the attention Maria got for much worse results than Serena’s

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
LOL. 🤭🤭🤭🤭

Reactions: BlueTrees

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
The one thing that I don’t like in this whole Serena Maria drama from serena is the fact that she is the one that started it . Maria has always been condescending and arrogant and I can see how she could be annoying . Straight up rude to your face ? Sometimes , but not to Serena . Until Wimbledon 2013 where we know what happened . And she was the one that threw the first punch . After Maria published her book , I can see why Serena would be mad at some comments ( specifically the one where she started crying or when she said she taunted her with the wedding ring comment ) , but she took it a step further when she played her at 2019 us open and her husband wore that T shirt .
At the end of the day , Maria was scared shitless when playing Serena , because she knew she had no weapons against her . But, just like Serena says all the players raise their games when they play against her ( wrong for most of them ) , Serena always raised her game when it came to Maria . And even if she doesn’t want to admit it , there was some jealousy involved there ( and i’d Say as it should , considering the attention Maria got for much worse results than Serena’s
That 2013 off court debacle was perhaps the only time, outside 2004, when Sharapova owned Serena. Serena didn't help herself there with whole blaming the victims of rape comments either. That's why Serena had to apologise to Maria. But barring aside those two years, Serena has pretty much skull dragged Maria, her entire career. There cannot be any biography of Sharapova that doesn't acknowledge Serena's triumph over her, no matter how biased or unbiased the writer is.

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
19,017 Posts
Another way in which she is like Trump, she can't let anything go, even when it's over... it's like the whole Hillary Lock Her Up shit.

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Now THIS is shade. Where was that poster who opened the Naomi/Serena shade squib. They need to be in here learning.

And DEAD at y'all trying to intentionally confuse the issue with the "I don't really care" throwaway comment. That's her off the court "She Played So Well".

This was Serena clocking M&Ms for all she was worth. And rightly calling out the B.S. from the ITF and certain Slams for letting her off the hook early and even giving her wild cards to flop away.

Maria will forever live rent free in Serena's head.
And in her coop.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Yes... The truth will come out and I can not wait

·
Registered
37,858 Posts

1 - 20 of 191 Posts