Tennis Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4,340 Posts

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
As a big Serena fan i am just hoping she gives a good account of herself at Wimbledon. Let's go Serena!! .....you are allowed to beat anyone except Bianca.:banana:

Reactions: Rena P

·
Registered
171 Posts
The women are ruining their own sport, well it does not matter as long as you are a millionaire to hell with future players. If the players between 75 and 85 behaved like todays players but they had work ethics. There would never have been retirements into two finals like last sunday. I can go on about Osaka and Emma Raducanu it seems they only smell the money and when you have enough you retire at 25 like Ash Barty.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Serena was excited for the semis, I think it was Jabeur's withdrawal, not Serena's.

·
Registered
13,181 Posts
I think Jabeur was afraid of being a burden in the team again, and Krunic/Linette rolling over them. She was so bad at the net in their matches, Serena single-handedly carried that team. Jabeur in doubles is a thing that's just not going to happen anymore. No one wants to go to Wimbledon coming from a big loss on center court.

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
Serena really should have played singles if she wanted to replicate matchplay she'll have at Wimbledon. Doubles is fun but it would have informed her little of her form/fitness.
She got her body moving and put herself in pressure situations and got some confidence.

It's not like she was glued to the ground and couldn't run...

People forget that although there are two people on court, the court also gets slightly bigger.

·
Registered
59,337 Posts
would have loved Jabeur to get a shot at Linette again :devil:
but obviously the SF being on Saturday after a day off, it was logical to withdraw and go focus on Wimbledon :angel:

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
would have loved Jabeur to get a shot at Linette again :devil:
but obviously the SF being on Saturday after a day off, it was logical to withdraw and go focus on Wimbledon :angel:
Actually the doubles SF with Jabeur/Willams was scheduled for Thursday

Reactions: *Jool*
61 - 71 of 71 Posts