Discussion Starter · #28 ·

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Fake injury

·
Registered
12,708 Posts
Typical WTA farce, treat the spectators and fans like shit.
Don't bloody enter

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
:bs:
I wanted more matches with this pair, not them pulling a Naomi :hysteric:
They was only gonna play 1 more match anyway because Krunic would have smashed them to bits

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
40,806 Posts
I have to admit, I'm disappointed. It is a shame this match with Serena and Ons isn't happening as I'm sure it would have been a fun experience for Aleks and Magda, win or lose. I just hope now Aleks and Magda enjoy their time off over the next couple of days and they are well rested and ready to kick ass in the final.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I have to admit, I'm disappointed. It is a shame this match with Serena and Ons isn't happening as I'm sure it would have been a fun experience for Aleks and Magda, win or lose. I just hope now Aleks and Magda enjoy their time off over the next couple of days and they are well rested and ready to kick ass in the final.
I want Aleks to have another crack at Osterpenko/Kichenok in the final

• Love
Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
15,897 Posts
Serena really should have played singles if she wanted to replicate matchplay she'll have at Wimbledon. Doubles is fun but it would have informed her little of her form/fitness.
No real benefit for her to test her fitness IMO. She's not going to be able to get extra work in in one week. If she gets a tough draw, the Eastbourne singles field is not going to give her a good preparation. And if she gets a soft draw, she can always use it to work out additional kinks.

What she needed most is confidence and the rhythm of matchplay, and I think the way she served on break points in their doubles match yesterday will give her that.

Reactions: xPaintTheLines

·
Registered
16,197 Posts
They just want a bit of rest before Wimbledon, no doubt. They had two matches and yesterday they both played way better than the day before so they probably feel that job was done. Let's not forget, Ons had already withdrawn from the singles and left a big hole in the bottom of the draw (early Christmas present for Tomova who is playing her first ever qf at this level right now) and still played doubles, so Eastbourne does not seem to be that bothered about players meeting their commitments.
Rest from what? Have you ever played doubles?

·
Registered
23,221 Posts
Sad but expected, this was all just match practice for Serena to get rid of the rust, although I'm not sure if two doubles matches is enough.

And for Ons, she was never going to play Eastbourne anyway if not for this doubles pairing with Serena, so wise of her to cite an injury to prepare herself for the big one.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts