Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
35,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Okay . . . that's impressive. She has so far always won in the 1R of a major. Every time!!

·
Registered
35,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
35,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your favourites could never do :eek:h:
So far I haven't found any other player that has always won in the 1R of a major- not Graf, not Navratilova . . does anyone know of someone?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
:eek: Okay . . . that's impressive. She has so far always won in the 1R of a major. Every time!!
It's impresive in start of her carrier. Later it's logical. Once somebody realized to have Serena in first round, girls used to get drunk and enjoy Slam cities instead of training.

·
Registered
13,379 Posts
So far I haven't found any other player that has always won in the 1R of a major- not Graf, not Navratilova . . does anyone know of someone?
I don't know it's very impressive maybe Evert or Court did it?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Chris Evert has by far the best record: she never lost before the third round at majors, and reached at least the semi-finals in 52 of the 56 grand slams she played during her career.

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
That only loss is to Venus.

Also another interesting statistic they pointed out was of Serena winning 187 out of 190 matches in Grandslam after winning the first set.
Do you know which 3 matches she lost? I think one was Sanchez Vicario at the French and one against Capriati at Wimbledon? Forgot the years.

·
Administrator
29,129 Posts
Sanchez Vicario 1998 RG
Capriati Wimbledon 2001
And I think the other one was Testud at the 99 AO

EDIT: 2004 US Open Capriati

1 - 20 of 70 Posts