Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link : http://tenfem.streetreporters.net/?p=343

translation of the quote by Serena on the press conference she gave after her win :

Asked about her tough schedule:

Oh yes, it will be very busy, i hope i'm gonna win these tournaments.

Asked if the change of surface won't be too tough to adjust:

No, it should be OK, because the european clay is slower than the green one, so it'll be easy to do the transition between a slow and a fast clay.

:tape::tape: She does not mention about the transition hard-clay though.

To busy now to translate the whole Serena part of the article, but there are some french readers i guess ;)

·
it's just me against the music.
27,316 Posts
:speakles: She is nuts. Forget surfaces. USA-Europe-USA in 3 weeks. Way too much time on a plane.

Definitely no Serena for Fed Cup this means. :( Please, Venus. :(

·
Registered
12,384 Posts
that's a crazy schedule. It seems doubtful but maybe she's getting some nice appearance fees.
Cuz otherwise it makes no sense to go from red clay to green clay back to red clay and the travelling is intense.

But I didn't think Venus would do Doha/Memphis/Bangalore. :tape: but she did even though she lost 2R and 1R at Doha and Memphis.

·
it's just me against the music.
27,316 Posts
that's a crazy schedule. It seems doubtful but maybe she's getting some nice appearance fees.
Cuz otherwise it makes no sense to go from red clay to green clay back to red clay and the travelling is intense.

But I didn't think Venus would do Doha/Memphis/Bangalore. :tape: but she did even though she lost 2R and 1R at Doha and Memphis.
Yeah, exactly. How well did that work out? :lol:

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,478 Posts
I really don't know what to say about this except this all seems most un-Serena like. But if she really does all these matches good for her. :eek:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
She better get her arse to Charleston, 'cause I'll be there waiting. :D

·
Registered
18,769 Posts
The traveling will be most intense. The closest airport to Marbella is probably Malaga and even then flights in and out of Malaga might not be direct.

22,716 Posts
Good for her, she's not playing IW, so she'll have had a considerable break before then, and I seriously doubt Marbella, being the equivalent of a Tier III/IV, will be very taxing for her.

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
Seems unlikely, but why not. I doubt she reaches the far stages in Marbella, though. She'll probably just want to cash her appearance check and get back to the U.S.

·
Isha > Your fave
26,632 Posts
Serena doesnt have a Micky mouse title to her name yet :eek:

Maybe she got tired of Dave. ranting about how she doesnt win smaller titles like Lindsay :shrug:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I hear you..Have fun1:wavey::lol:enjoy.I got tickets to Madsion square garden in March...Can't wait.:bounce::lol::cool::D:)

:bounce: You too.... make sure you yell the loudest and have the biggest sign... :lol:

·
La Divina Assoluta
11,288 Posts
She wont be able to move for planes come that period:lol:

Glad to see Serena taking on a heavy schedule come RG. I feel she needs as many matches as possible beforehand to win there.

·
16,052 Posts
DedicatedtoplayingmoretennisRena. :inlove:

Somebody wants another FO title and a MM title for the first time. :D

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
Marbella is in the south of Spain

But Jankovic is also committed which is IMPOSSIBLE for an international event
Only 1 top 10 player is allowed to play.

So either JJ or Serena won't play

BTW Serena has also Stuttgart,Rome and Madrid on her schedule (see her official site)
INSANE

1 - 20 of 98 Posts