Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Serena isn't forced to play RALLIES against Mauresmo, she will be in huge trouble against Maria.

Maria has been playing hard hitting rallies all tournament, she is prepared for a baseline slugfest. Serena is playing very short points and didn't get the expected work out against Capriati.

Maria is good enough and mentally strong enough to play rallies with Serena, so Serena needs the preparation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,330 Posts
People said the same when she played her in Key Biscane and Serena won comfortably. I guess you didn't see that match, but Serena overwhelmingly beat Maria from the baseline and Maria didn't have a Plan B, so she just looked like a deer in headlights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,943 Posts
Robbie. said:
If Serena isn't forced to play RALLIES against Mauresmo, she will be in huge trouble against Maria.

Maria has been playing hard hitting rallies all tournament, she is prepared for a baseline slugfest. Serena is playing very short points and didn't get the expected work out against Capriati.

Maria is good enough and mentally strong enough to play rallies with Serena, so Serena needs the preparation.

yeah you're right Serena has won 6 slams including four in a row, Maria has Zero, it's Serena who needs to toughen up. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,741 Posts
Serena has way better placement on her serve and groundies than Masha and at her best she moves alot better than her and is more consistent with her strokes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DA FOREHAND said:
yeah you're right Serena has won 6 slams including four in a row, Maria has Zero, it's Serena who needs to toughen up. :rolleyes:
Why do people have to be so rude?:tape:

I am talking about this TOURNAMENT, I don't care what Serena did last year or two years ago it has no relevance to this tournament. Serena has played a limited echedule this year and has won all of her matches here without being drawn into long rallies. When she has, she has shown a tendency to be erratic.


Of course Serena has the big match experience, but so did Lindsay and look what happened to her. Now of course Serena has been in another league to Lindsay the last couple of years, but the principle is the same. Maria couldn't care less who she is playing and Serena is going to get by on the "I'm Serena Williams, and I'm the best" aura that intimidates most players. Serena will have to play well AND more importantly RALLY WELL to win.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
Please, Sharapova will be dumping them in the net against Serena's topspin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Knizzle said:
Serena has way better placement on her serve and groundies than Masha and at her best she moves alot better than her and is more consistent with her strokes.
Of course, AT HER BEST. But from what I have seen so far this tourney, she is not at her best and not even close to her best in rallies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,330 Posts
Robbie. said:
Why do people have to be so rude?:tape:

I am talking about this TOURNAMENT, I don't care what Serena did last year or two years ago it has no relevance to this tournament. Serena has played a limited echedule this year and has won all of her matches here without being drawn into long rallies. When she has, she has shown a tendency to be erratic.


Of course Serena has the big match experience, but so did Lindsay and look what happened to her. Now of course Serena has been in another league to Lindsay the last couple of years, but the principle is the same. Maria couldn't care less who she is playing and Serena is going to get by on the "I'm Serena Williams, and I'm the best" aura that intimidates most players. Serena will have to play well AND more importantly RALLY WELL to win.
Look whos talking. You player has to depend on rain delays to win. Serena wont have to rally well because all maria is going to see is a fuzzy yellow ball zipping past her. Who said Serena didn't have to play well, she didn't even play her best in Miami and beat her convincingly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,741 Posts
She's ended the rallies early!! Why continue a rally when you can hit a winner?? Masha will be in her first Wimbledon final, presumably against SERENA WILLIAMS. Maria has never felt that type of pressure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,499 Posts
Sure, sure.....but Maria herself isn´t the best mover out there herself either and even now Serena is a better mover than Maria.

Of course Maria doesn´t care who is her opponent, but do you think SERENA cares?! Lindsay today was just too slow, so many balls that were retrievable....Lindsay couldn´t get to and her serve was predictable. None of that applies to Serena.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jbone_0307 said:
Look whos talking. You player has to depend on rain delays to win. Serena wont have to rally well because all maria is going to see is a fuzzy yellow ball zipping past her. Who said Serena didn't have to play well, she didn't even play her best in Miami and beat her convincingly.
When did Maria become MY player? :lol: Just because I don't HATE her irrationally i am her biggest fan :rolleyes: Go get some anger management
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bandabou said:
Sure, sure.....but Maria herself isn´t the best mover out there herself either and even now Serena is a better mover than Maria.

Of course Maria doesn´t care who is her opponent, but do you think SERENA cares?! Lindsay today was just too slow, so many balls that were retrievable....Lindsay couldn´t get to and her serve was predictable. None of that applies to Serena.
Thanx for answering properly :lick:

I think Serena will still start a warm favourite on her record alone but I don't think she is playing that well and her rallying consistency is really open to question. I think it's her serve that is making her look good at the moment, Maria will get enough of those back to force Rena to play rallies, kinda like Jen normally does. Of course the discrepancy in movement between Jen and Maria is quite large, but Maria is a better shot maker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,499 Posts
Robbie. said:
Thanx for answering properly :lick:

I think Serena will still start a warm favourite on her record alone but I don't think she is playing that well and her rallying consistency is really open to question. I think it's her serve that is making her look good at the moment, Maria will get enough of those back to force Rena to play rallies, kinda like Jen normally does. Of course the discrepancy in movement between Jen and Maria is quite large, but Maria is a better shot maker.
the serve is the most important shot in tennis...

about her returning, well she looked completely lost against Lindsay today eventhough she knew most of the time the ball was going to her forehand. Now imagine how´s she gonna look against Serena whom has the best disguise in tennis and who can hit all corners in the box.

I guess we will see saturday, if Serena wins of course. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,318 Posts
Amelie will win this 76 76, and then on saturday she'll beat Maria
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well Amelie was the first person all tournament to make Serena playe rallies and she's a set up. Too many UE's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,942 Posts
Well, Serena is getting a tough match. She had two set points lost serve and just lost the tiebreak. She will have to settle down if she wants to win this match.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,670 Posts
I have been watching since 5-4 Serena and it's not looking good. She isn't taking the point from Amelie and she isn't serving well.


Pick it up Serena. Stop waiting for Amie's errors.:mad:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top