Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SERENA shows that she is still better at winning Grand Slam matches than making clothes. :)
Now, Momo knows the difference in beating a Williams in a regular tour event and trying to beat one of them in a Grand Slam event.

Congrats, SERENA!

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Its a done deal.......go ahead Serena. Congrats!

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
Congrats to Rena- I can't believe she beat Mauresmo so easily and everyone was tauting this as the match of the tourny...good, she can conserve her energy for JuJu :bounce: :bounce:

I knew Amelie would wilt in the pressure/heat....

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
DAYUM! Serena waxed that girl like she was her Escalade! HOLY HELL! All I gotta say is that this pic, tells the story...

ROFL! well done, princess! :worship:

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Way to go, Rena!

Go dodo, Momo! Better luck next time!

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Congrats to Rena she played very well. Scary what she did to some of those return!

Amelie went into mental meltdown (even Rena said so), and was playing no where near her ability that she did in Rome (Rena also said this).

·
Premium Member
20,681 Posts
WOW! I watched this match and i was amazed at Serena's killer instinct she had during the whole match! Did u guys she the faces and looks she was giving mauresmo and the determination from her! I have never seen her be this determined in a match before.

GO REENA!

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
TenniSta said:
WOW! I watched this match and i was amazed at Serena's killer instinct she had during the whole match! Did u guys she the faces and looks she was giving mauresmo and the determination from her! I have never seen her be this determined in a match before.

GO REENA!

congrats Serena!!
I thought this would be a much closer match. but happy to see that serena is really hitting her form.
go girl!!

and momo, better luck next time.... I just never can predict what type of game is going to come off of her racquet... those two wins over Capriati at wimby and us open, she was playing out of her mind.. and in rome too vs. serena... but today...

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
:eek: Wow! I'm shocked that Serena won so easily, I just signed on to my computer and was worried someone was injured when I didn't see a score. Congrats Serena! :bounce: :bounce: Nice tournament Amelie! :bounce:

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
ok, come on now, who in the right mind didn't see this coming?????? i mean put Amelie in a pressure situation, especially in front of the french crowd, and she bombs big time. i mean come on now, first of all it's Serena, and second of all it's a Grand Slam, there's pretty much no way in hell you're gonna beat Serena unless you play unbelievable, or Serena sucks bit time, and this doesn't happen often. what an ugly match by Amelie. i knew it that they should have showed the Russian match.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SERENA was wearing VENUS' war face during this match. :)
I think mama told SERENA to make up for that last loss to Momo and for VENUS as well.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
Serena Zips Past Mauresmo, Silences France
10 minutes ago Add Sports - Reuters to My Yahoo!

PARIS (Reuters) - Serena Williams (news - web sites) rolled over Amelie Mauresmo and silenced an expectant French crowd on Tuesday, romping into the Roland Garros semi-finals, 6-1, 6-2.

The top seed and defending champion savaged the world No. 5 from the start, never giving Mauresmo a chance to settle on center court.

The 64-minute demolition was Serena's performance of the tournament and one that will cause semi-final opponent Justine Henin-Hardenne to sleep uneasily.

The other semi-final will pit second seed Kim Clijsters against Russia's Nadia Petrova.
----------------------
I just knew this would be a 3 set match... wow! I'm still in shock...

·
Registered
133 Posts
DAMN!!!!! :eek: . This kinds of make me feel a little better about Venus losing. Now win the trophy for big sis Serena :) .

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Naldo said:
ok, come on now, who in the right mind didn't see this coming?????? i mean put Amelie in a pressure situation, especially in front of the french crowd, and she bombs big time. i mean come on now, first of all it's Serena, and second of all it's a Grand Slam, there's pretty much no way in hell you're gonna beat Serena unless you play unbelievable, or Serena sucks bit time, and this doesn't happen often. what an ugly match by Amelie. i knew it that they should have showed the Russian match.
I agree on all counts. Too bad Amelie didn't show up. Congrats to Serena.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I think Mauresmo got thrown off because like Babe Ruth and other baseball players, serena pointed her finger toward the line and called her shot. lol

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
SERENA simply rolled over Momo.
what a great win
she was awesome !! :lick:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
I AM WATCHING THIS MATCH NOW AND JUST FOUND OUT WHO WON.

seRENA IS AMAZING AND SO FOCUSED! wHAT IS SCARY IN A GOOD SORT OF WAY IS THAT THIS KID IS ONLY 21 YEARS OLD!

I feel so sad for Momo though, if Serena didn't win I would like for her to win it here. It is kinda heartbreaking to see this. Momo wants this slam bad.

Congrats to Serena and better luck next time Amelie.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts