Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still didn't get over the fact that she played (was forced to play?) Marbella. Plating there may have big consequences for the future as she didn't have time to heal that sore leg. Obviously she didn't move well tonight. I just hope she wasn't forced to play Marbelle AT ALL COSTS just because she skipped IW.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
16,136 Posts
excuses, excuses.

patty isnt a horrible player, especially on clay, it wasnt a complete and uder surprise.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
I don't think Marbella had anything to do with this loss personally. I think she could've won, but I always feel that way with Serena. I didn't watch, but from those who did, she wasn't injured. We've got to remember this isn't her best surface and that she hasn't really found her form all year despite consistent results early on. Also, I don't think she's ever beaten Patty on clay (not sure). It'll be much harder for her to work her way into form on clay as opposed to hard court, but at least this motivates her.

It's all good :). Just keep smiling.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
excuses, excuses.

patty isnt a horrible player, especially on clay, it wasnt a complete and uder surprise.
Oh I'm not trying to make excuses, not I'm I saying that Patty didn't play well. She only lost 76 in the 3rd 2 days ago and Patty was playing much better back then.
I didn't say the match but I've read something on yahoo sport that said "At times Seerena moved uncomfortably". Well just like in the Miami final.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
I still didn't get over the fact that she played (was forced to play?) Marbella. Plating there may have big consequences for the future as she didn't have time to heal that sore leg. Obviously she didn't move well tonight. I just hope she wasn't forced to play Marbelle AT ALL COSTS just because she skipped IW.
If Serena was forced to play in Marbella for skipping Indian Wells, I'm sure she would agree that it was all worth it. As long as the sisters never return to IW, I'm fine with it.

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
she wasnt force to play Rome either

·
Registered
12,384 Posts
well according to TBE she gets a mandatory 0 for skipping any event she's committed to even if it's for an injury. and she already has 2 0's. If she withdraws from as many tournaments as she used to do half her ranking would be made up for mandatory 0's.

·
Registered
16,039 Posts
We saw pics of her training at Bollitiery's academy.She was fine.Marbella has nothing to do whith her losing here, especially against Patty who's like playing for months like she's semi-retired.

·
Premium Member
27,415 Posts
Yeah, that definetly had something to do with this loss, she should have taken care of that injury, then she would have won today... sometimes she was so sluggish, it was painful to see

·
upset I can't delete posts anymore
10,148 Posts
Holy crap.
Serena was not sluggish throughout the match. She actually ran down a lot of crosscourts and drop shots. But she netted a ton of easy ones as well, at times overhit and sprayed errors all over.

She didn't lose an injury in the second set just to get it back in the third

1 - 10 of 10 Posts