• Masha in 3

Votes: 58 26.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who will raise the Venus (WB trophy, that is)?

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Serena all the way. I think it will be a great matchup, but Serena has too much game for Maria to handle at this point.

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
Serena better not play like she did today in the beginning cause sharpy will jus jump her

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Serena.

Sharapova will play into Serena's pace. She can't change her game now. All that trying to hit the ball from side to side will not work with Serena. Especially if Serena finds her Serve. This match will already be history.

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
maybe masha's power game will get rena in a groove. Masha better learn how to slice in a hurry. Seriously though, with her power, Masha could be even better with some solid variety in her game.

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
In fact a better match-up for Serena, because Serena loves to play with pace....and nobody beats Serena with pace...and too bad for Maria, today´s match gave Serena even more mental strength.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
apoet29 said:
Serena all the way. I think it will be a great matchup, but Serena has too much game for Maria to handle at this point.
I agree, if Maria expects to beat Serena from the baseline she has another thing coming. Amelie almost won that match because she played text-book grass court tennis.

I doubt we are gonna see Maria play the same game.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
beauty_is_pink said:
Serena better not play like she did today in the beginning cause sharpy will jus jump her
I hardly doubt that Sharapova will rattle Serena. She is so not intimidated by newcomers.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Jakeev said:
I agree, if Maria expects to beat Serena from the baseline she has another thing coming. Amelie almost won that match because she played text-book grass court tennis.

I doubt we are gonna see Maria play the same game.
Who knows, most people thought Maria was going to be schooled by Lindsay. However, unlike Lindsay Serena can hit great shots on the run, a huge problem for someone that doesn't have the best movement like Maria. I expect Serena in two. If Maria did win, though, it would be a match with gigantic significance in terms of the future of both players' careers and the WTA as a whole.

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,953 Posts
Masha 's steadiness will turn Serena into enraged animal and she will be missing tons. Masha! :banana:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
Maria is not mature enough to take a set from Serena on grass yet. Still, it will be a great learning experience for her

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Maria has a great chance...she is playing way more agressive than Serena and at the end of the match she was serving even better than Rena...Rena better be ready tomorrow or she will be in for a rude awakening ;)

Reactions: the cat

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
ys said:
Masha 's steadiness will turn Serena into enraged animal and she will be missing tons. Masha! :banana:
Everybody already knows the outcome of this game - except you.

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,953 Posts
War! War! Finally we might get a real war after two straight years of [email protected]#% Grand Slam finals..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Lucky Sharapova. If only Amelie were in the lower half.

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,953 Posts
Ballbuster said:
Everybody already knows the outcome of this game - except you.
The same lonely cell of your brain knew the outcome of Sharapova-Davenport match too.. :haha:

1 - 20 of 160 Posts